Lots of Theory here for you Guyz to buy into

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I found it odd that he preferred it as a quad over a thruster - it seems polar opposite to the general consensus on the board. That said, every kook and his bro is on them, so hard to tell. He probably should have tried smaller thrusters?

Not sure what you're specifically referring to, but then again I don't know sh!t about sh!t either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waterlogged05

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Seemed pretty straightforward and not so theoretical to me, and what he said corresponded to his surfing. The 2 + 1 setup looked looser/more-fun when he rode it, for instance.

Reactions: Lohena

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
The video is wall to wall bogus theory.

Also, Salsa surfs better on, oh, every other board he’s reviewed.
think he looked pretty good on this board compared to many others he's reviewed
almost wants to make me want to try one out :roflmao:
could be the ultimate 2-10' one board quiver

• Love
Reactions: MathDebater

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
think he looked pretty good on this board compared to many others he's reviewed
almost wants to make me want to try one out :roflmao:
could be the ultimate 2-10' one board quiver
I thought it made him look even more robotic than usual. It’s like the board is easy to surf “good” but it lacks flair.

Very subtle but it’s there.

TBH it looked like it would be a good board for me.

I’ve said this before, his reviews are valuable if you know how to translate what boards do for him to what they’d do for you. What’s good for you might not be the best for him.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I'll throw my answer to the mystery question into the hat:

His explanation of what is happening with the rails and his surfing is INCORRECT. (not that I could explain it)

I rode a friend's which was under-volume for me. Hated it. Flicky and wanted to be surfed flat.

Does the winner win a GG gift certificate for one free refoiling of a set of fins?

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I turned it off when he talked about not wanting to ride something because of a seemingly minor volume adjustment despite recs from the actual shaper.

as for GG, well... are you new here lol?

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I've seen so much bad surfing on this board, but Salsa ripped as usual on it proving it's the archer not the arrow theory.
As soon as you start making arrows for world class archers that theory falls apart. They're really picky. Their standard is just a whole lot higher than yours. You're understandably incapable of seeing what they are feeling.

Didn't watch this but how many years ago did they come out with this model? It's been a while. The only one I ever actually picked up was frankly poorly shaped.

Last edited:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Rode a hypto in Indo, Didnt have our boards first 2 days (long story) so had to borrow.
It felt kind of like a funboard to me :bricks:

Got into waves super easy but it felt boaty to me, BS top turns were a chore . maybe it was sized wrong?

My friend loved it but he rides way more volume than me and is a former Longboarder so his opinion doesnt count.