Lost Tube Pig vs Round Up?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
If any of you have ridden both, or even just had a good look, could you explain a bit about the differences, please?

The Round Up is obviously wider through the nose. I'm curious about the rocker and bottom contours, though. Are they both single to double, or is the Round Up the classic Rocket deep single?

Is the Tube Pig generously rockered at both ends, compared to the flat entry/kicked tail Round Up?

I have gotten keener on decent tail rocker lately, and am looking to replace my 6'3 x 19 1/2 Mini Driver. It's not that it has to be a Lost, but there happens to be a very good shaper in NZ (Tommy Dalton), who shapes Lost here. I'm otherwise quite interested in the DHD Sweet Spot 2.0.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Haven't ridden either the Round Up or the Tube Pig - but have owned a couple different Mini Drivers. I recently went to Brian Bulkley (who shapes for Lost) asking for something similar to the Round Up and/or Rock Up. He pointed to his Slab Monster and Tube Raider models. So far - very happy with both. The Slab Monster is more similar to the Mini Driver but feels more performance oriented. The Tube Raider - reminds me of the Rock Up - using it as my step-up. I've already had a few good days on it with the recent swells up in So Cal.

this is his website ..
http://www.bulkleysurfboards.com/

he also shapes out of the Basham shop - which is just around the corner from the Lost factory.
http://www.bashamssurfshop.com/BASHAMS_NEW_BULKLEY.html

I went with a 6'2" and a 6'7" Slab Monster and a 7'4" Tube Raider.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
My buddy just got a round up. I haven't ridden it but I gave it a good fondle. I liked it. Prob better than the mini driver. A little more pulled in tail, seemingly smoother rocker line. My buddy got his kinda over sized more as a winter board but he tested it out on some just overhead stuff last week and it was working well for him both as a thruster and quad.

I haven't checked out the Tube Pig in person but I think it's going to be a little narrower up front w/ maybe a bit more rocker. More high performance and not as user friendly would be my guess but I could be wrong.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Thanks, gentlemen.

The Round Up definitely looks more Domesticated than the Tube Pig, to use Matt's term. Aruka, could you check the bottom contours, please? Single to double?

Let us know how your friend goes with his Round Up.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I believe it did have some double but nothing crazy.

My buddy is on a trip so I cannot readily confirm that.