Lost MR California Twin

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
@Lowqi2 @tedshred5 Any comments on what you didn't like about Light Speed? I've got a micro-grovel upsized Bean Bag in Light Speed and I'd be hesitant to buy a different board in that build. For how short/thick/wide it is, it feels a bit floppy, like anything longer/narrower/thinner would be too floppy.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
@Lowqi2 @tedshred5 Any comments on what you didn't like about Light Speed? I've got a micro-grovel upsized Bean Bag in Light Speed and I'd be hesitant to buy a different board in that build. For how short/thick/wide it is, it feels a bit floppy, like anything longer/narrower/thinner would be too floppy.
yeah it just felt too light/bouncy to me, would redirect - both while paddling and riding - at any hint of chop. like minimal forward momentum when I wanted to paddle into a wave if that makes sense.

Reactions: Lowqi2

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
unfortunate thing witb lost is they are next to impossible to find pu/pe OTR anymore.

anytbing not brand new on the menu seems to be available as alt tech pop out obly.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
My mate is on his third one he likes it that much. It's his go to board for anything up to head high. I've ridden it a few times and quite enjoyed it. Feels like RNF meets Puddle Jumper. Had a really hard time deciding whether to order RNF96 or Cali Twin lately but went RNF cause of fin placement for twin only.
Calling it a cali twin is where you went wrong "archer not arrow" not the fin placement:toilet:

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Calling it a cali twin is where you went wrong "archer not arrow" not the fin placement:toilet:
Might be a bit of a language barrier (I'm not a native speaker) but I'm not quite sure what you mean.
It was named Cali Twin by lost, and the side fins are further forward than on the RNF. I'd like to have the options of straight twin or twin plus 1 :shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Might be a bit of a language barrier (I'm not a native speaker) but I'm not quite sure what you mean.
It was named Cali Twin by lost, and the side fins are further forward than on the RNF. I'd like to have the options of straight twin or twin plus 1 :shrug:
Joke only transplants from midwest and East say cali kinda like the NoCa stickers:bricks:

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
friend loves his, up to head high or so. Looks like a good middle ground between PJ and RNF as far as grovel/performance ratio

Reactions: claw87

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
I've just got a PJpro (won't be able to surf for the next month or so, haven't ridden it yet), plus a RNF96 on order (due in August). We were comparing the two in the shop, PJPro feels more "grovely" for sure. Had a PJHP which I loved previously. I'd say depends on the waves you're riding :)
reefs breaks waist to shoulder high . its kinda a double up so it helps i can get in early with the PJ but suffers a little in the pocket. its my smallest board so it fits decent just a little squirty probably need something with just a tocuh more curve

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
reefs breaks waist to shoulder high . its kinda a double up so it helps i can get in early with the PJ but suffers a little in the pocket. its my smallest board so it fits decent just a little squirty probably need something with just a tocuh more curve
Cali twin and PJHP should both go great. If it's a fairly curly wave maybe PJHP round?

Reactions: hotCheetos

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Like a bizarro North Shore, Japan is a great proving grounds for a CA groveler. Generally, waves don’t have much push… until it gets up to typhoon swell.
the Tomo x-wing custom I got a couple years ago was originally a Japan-only FW release meant to eat up their mushy waves. Was stocked to report it did just it was supposed to.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
he must not ride motorcycles.

i would like some shapers to report in cubic centimeters.
You don't get it?

Cubic centimeters is perfectly correct to use. The Biolic Unit System doesn't make any sense. He is not the only one with a loose grasp on science. The Salsa struggles with the concept of floatation and has also adapted the Biolic units.

• Haha
Reactions: jkb and MathDebater

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You don't get it?

Cubic centimeters is perfectly correct to use. The Biolic Unit System doesn't make any sense. He is not the only one with a loose grasp on science. The Salsa struggles with the concept of floatation and has also adapted the Biolic units.
It's a minor redundancy. An American shaper not understanding surrender units perfectly is a feature not a bug.

Worry about the custom you receive matching the spec of the custom you ordered.

• Haha
Reactions: Clamsmasher