Lost C4 Construction

JTS

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 22, 2004
I'm curious if anyone has ridden the Lost C4 construction ? Is it just another flavor of EPS/epoxy, or does the cork actually give it a different feel?
I like a few of the EPS builds, especially the ones that use Marko blanks like Proctor (i think Vernor does too)
What are the experiences people have had with C4?
Thanks
Jim

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I have it and in my opinion it functions as advertised, dampens the effects of chop and gives the eps more range (particularly in overhead surf). Plus, to my chagrin, my board was struck by an SUP and since the cork wraps around the rail I was pleased to find only a small rail crack. Also I just scraped 1.5 years of wax off to find no pressure dents and I am 230 lbs. That being said compared to regular Marko eps(or XTR) and certainly the carbon wrap which has a lot of spice (too much for much overhead). The flavor is vanilla so I guess it depends what you are after.

Reactions: Aruka and JTS

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
Ooohh, sounds similar to how I would describe XTR parallel carbon...kind of in between stringerless EPS and PU. I am interested in getting a SaboTaj at some point, was thinking XTR PC, but maybe I'll consider this too.

Reactions: Aruka

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Ooohh, sounds similar to how I would describe XTR parallel carbon...kind of in between stringerless EPS and PU. I am interested in getting a SaboTaj at some point, was thinking XTR PC, but maybe I'll consider this too.
That would probably be a good model for C4. Mine are Crowd Killer and PJHP. I wish the PJ was Carbon wrap for the type surf I use that in but I usually only ride the Crowd Killer in HH+ average shaped waves (mostly for the paddling), handles all kinds. If you like the design it will last and last.

Reactions: JTS and Lohena
Jun 14, 2019
I'm curious if anyone has ridden the Lost C4 construction ? Is it just another flavor of EPS/epoxy, or does the cork actually give it a different feel?
I like a few of the EPS builds, especially the ones that use Marko blanks like Proctor (i think Vernor does too)
What are the experiences people have had with C4?
Thanks
Jim
I've currently got a PJHP and Hydra in C4. Two of the best boards in my quiver.
The cork definitely dampens the epoxy chatter, but it still has that lively feeling of eps.

Reactions: JDJ and Lohena