Lost better get Busy

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I wonder why they're sitting on the round pin until 2021? I heard Britt was up at Proof Lab in Mill Valley geeking out on the Stacey Bullet Twins they have there and a month later several of the round pin protos were floating around. The fin placement is almost exactly the same (7.25" from the tail) as the Stacey. I had someone take some cues the Stacey as well on a board I had made from a local builder and it's pretty crazy how much more similar it surfs to a thruster than the twins I've ridden.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
The fin placement is almost exactly the same (7.25" from the tail) as the Stacey. I had someone take some cues the Stacey as well on a board I had made from a local builder and it's pretty crazy how much more similar it surfs to a thruster than the twins I've ridden.

This has been for 35 years , now being discovered ;-)

Reactions: ChaseTMP

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I like the white "midlength" at the beginning. The rest also but not that long and twn looks way better under his feet than the vid of him on the CI Mid, IMO. Anybody know what that is, maybe prototype...
Got me psyching on my not that long Townsen twin (7') in the works!

It just me or has Dane been gettin even better at surfin lately?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I love that there is a resurgent interest in twins

This is a clip of Mikey February where I believe he is riding the CI round pin twin

Reactions: chilly1

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
this video reminded me that I really like the snap release (not sure if I explained that correctly) of a twin just after put a lot of pressure on the fin