Lost 1996 Round Nose Fish?

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
rode my 5'8 rnf 96 the last few days all over north county with the FCS 2 power twin + trailer and it felt really good. probably going to roll with this combo moving forward.

Also semi-curious in noel salsa's power twin + 1 fins which have similar specs

Reactions: Havoc and tedshred5

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
rode my 5'8 rnf 96 the last few days all over north county with the FCS 2 power twin + trailer and it felt really good. probably going to roll with this combo moving forward.

5’8 normy dims or wide dims?

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017

RNF 96 as a straight twin with BMTs has been next level for me

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I feel like rnf96 type boar is a real sweet spot for lost - hp fishy alt shapes.

all the rnf retro/redux/refucks seemed weird and did not speak to me. never wanted a taste.

itching to try a ‘96 but don’t have an excuse to quiver refresh.

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
I feel like rnf96 type boar is a real sweet spot for lost - hp fishy alt shapes.

all the rnf retro/redux/refucks seemed weird and did not speak to me. never wanted a taste.

agree, never liked the look of the others. but the 96 is just plain fun.

Reactions: Havoc

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005

Your excuse can be you want the best performance fish of the last 10yrs in the quiver and your other boards aren’t as good

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I like my redux because it has wings and they make me think of greg every time I look at them : (

jwd

Nov 24, 2004
Anyone try the NVS album or fascination fins in the RNF 96? I want to try something different than the MRs... and since NVS is having a sale.....any suggestions?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Anyone try the NVS album or fascination fins in the RNF 96? I want to try something different than the MRs... and since NVS is having a sale.....any suggestions?

Not cool Bro. Biolos doesn‘t like album. C’mon, you can’t cross brand lines like that. You’re either a real …lost bro or you’re not. None of this hipster marketing BS

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Not cool Bro. Biolos doesn‘t like album. C’mon, you can’t cross brand lines like that. You’re either a real …lost bro or you’re not. None of this hipster marketing BS
Fake ...lost bro checking in. The NVS Stamps keels were my final destination for finding massive Futures that would straighten out/hook up my ultra grovel Bean Bag.

If the sweet and delicious bag of skittles would fucking ship the Merrick Chow Mein fins I ordered a week ago, that would just be swell. Serves me right though. Should have custom'd a bean bag with FCS for the Griffin G-10 keels instead of yolo-ing. Now they need to ship my sh!t from Sechuan or Hun Ting Tong or wherever.

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

Album twins are gonna feel too similar to MRs IMO. I'd try the Fascinations

Reactions: Aruka and jwd

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017

How about those Blackbird RAF ones? They look like a fun mashup of uprights and keels. Tried the FCS modern keels and did not like it nearly as much as the BMTs so I'd shy away from anything to "keely"

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Album twins are gonna feel too similar to MRs IMO. I'd try the Fascinations
I would 2nd this. I quite like the Fascinations as a template that sits between an upright and a keel. I was thinking of getting another set and maybe modifying them a bit like removing some area from the trailing edge...