Lost 1996 Round Nose Fish?

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
if I were to stumble across one of these used how are you sizing them? I ride grovelers 2-4 L over my standard SB volume but I don't know if I would do that with this design?
I’m riding mine stock 5’8 32L same volume as my “shortboard”, a 5’10 Mini Ghost. If I were to get a custom it’d be slightly thicker, maybe 0.5-1L more at most. I’m 185-190#
You eyeing that XTR?

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
My boss' close friend swears by his 5'3 Black Sheep constructed RNF96 which was bought predominately for Waco. He's a very good surfer and we generally like similar designs, but he's smaller, so his dims don't work for me.

He rents out the place a few times a year. I finally got my tentative invite when I was over at his place for work today. He wanted me to check out the RNF and I could not believe how light it was! I'm not sure what factory in Vietnam they're being produced, but the finishing was really good.

• Love
Reactions: MathDebater

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Holy sht. A mayhem at 2.60 sounds like a boat.
for a little man maybe, but for us adult sized humans it sounds about right

especially on a gravel type boar a little more foam is ok

have a sub driver 2.0 5'10 bro dim lightspeed and it feels about what you would expect in a 30L package

all the most recent mayhems I've had over the past 5 years haven't felt much different volume wise

hard to fook up a calculation when it's just a number the computer program spits out

although there may be some slight variation depending on which one a shaper uses

a pleb average surfer like yourself likely can't notice a difference and it's another mental handicap you put on without realizing it

if you can't sink the rail the solution is likely to push harder to make it go under the water more

Last edited:
Reactions: surfwhere

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
for a little man maybe, but for us adult sized humans it sounds about right

especially on a gravel type boar a little more foam is ok
always noticed that lost boards have a fairly thick rail for the "numbers". ive always been weird and kooky.,..preferred thinner raisl with massively thick foam along the stringer. then again...ive at worst liekd every lost board that ive ridden. 2.6? Dude...im 2 bills plus....that 2.6 better be the worlds FLATTEST deck

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
I tried my brother’s rnf96 the other day. stock dims. It definitely feels wide for what it is - I reckon slightly narrower would be fine Racer

• Love
Reactions: racer1

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Checked out a 5’9 Blacksheep at Surf Ride today. I want one now. :love:
Also scored a couple locally made, super dank leash strings, stocked
View attachment 138463
View attachment 138464
Ask and ye shall receive:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Ask and ye shall receive:

is the last number the prisoner ID of the Vietnamese child inmate who made the boar? :poke:
This is different than the outrage over Thai FWs because... erBB thinks Biolos is cool?
Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 7.48.51 AM.png