Lost 1996 Round Nose Fish?

isurfcardiff

OTF status
May 8, 2014
That seems like a lot of foam for your weight. I’m close to your age, height & weight (51, 6’, 165 lbs.) and if I were to get one, I’d probably be looking at the 5’5 again (I had one in 96).

Is Cardiff that soft? I don’t surf down there that often, but I did during the last Camp Shred. I was grabbing pretty standard HPSB’s to demo and most felt pretty good in my normal 27-28L range.
You likely surfed in front of the Campgrounds...so depending on the swell and tide, Tippers or 85's can be fun or mush. I surf at SuckOuts and Cardiff Reef (AKA South Peak). SuckOuts can get gnarly on low tide, but most of the time is fairly soft. South Peak is soft, unless it's really macking. So yes, it's a bit more foam that "normal" for my weight but I need it for the wave and to compete with the crowd. Plus, I ride midlengths a lot, so the transition is easier.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Checked out a Blacksheep build RNF at a shop after work today. They feel light, like impossibly light. Not sure that’s the direction I wanna go considering my entire quiver is stringered pu right now. Still feels less “airy” than the Lightspeed though, if that makes any sense
Strongly strongly suggest a try before you buy on the Blacksheep. They ride like they’re impossibly light. Personal preference if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I kinda want one of these pu/pe stonk. who’s holding otr?

u guys have the ones with glass ons or boxes?

Jul 24, 2013
Saw a few guys have a 5'8" on this thread - you mind sharing height/weight? Torn between a 5'7" or 5'8".
6'2" 190ish riding a PU 5'8" 19.75" 2.46" 31.9l, was considering a stock dim 5'9" or 5'8" at first but found this one at surf ride that was half a inch less wide than a stock 5'8" with similar liters and decided to pull the trigger. One of the best boards I've ridden and goes great in just about anything oceanside beach breaks have to offer up to head high+.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Yeah I was thinking either 5’7 with added thickness or 5’8 but slimmer. I like that idea.
same. something around ~5'8 x 20 x 2.56 would be what I go custom on my next one, I'm 190# too