Lost 1996 Round Nose Fish?

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego
im 94% sure that was my board they messed up on the first try. Fwiw thruster sets with a smaller trailer felt best….merrick, Dane’s capital fin etc
Thats hilarious. I thought I recognized the guy selling it to me. It might have been a guy from XTR, which would make sense why he had it. We also met down the street from XTR. Sorta bummed he wasnt upfront about the fin placement though.

Was it still pretty fun as a thruster? Did it work with a twin + trailer at all?

Last edited:

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Thats hilarious. I thought I recognized the guy selling it to me. It might have been Shey from XTR, which would make sense why he had it. We also met down the street from XTR. Sorta bummed he wasnt upfront about the fin placement though.

Was it still pretty fun as a thruster? Did it work with a twin + trailer at all?
I found my email trail with them. Assuming that’s my board the fins are more than 3/8 of an inch off. A normal RNF96 is ~1in from the back of the front fins to the rear fin. Mine was 2.5in.8F0DEF75-67BC-4E24-95D1-7F49E389F694.jpeg3BA7C396-BCE2-4A3A-B8BC-E2FAFF89FF99.jpeg

Reactions: cbadsurfer

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
The Salsa may or may not have already graced this thread with his presence, just to be sure I glue this video here. The music is heinous, even on the baldy scale.

In this video Noel is the strickt headmaster:monkey: :love: :monkey:
-The RNF wins when he counts up the points for each board in the examination.

Reactions: Ttboi
Apr 11, 2021
The Salsa may or may not have already graced this thread with his presence, just to be sure I glue this video here. The music is heinous, even on the baldy scale.

In this video Noel is the strickt headmaster:monkey: :love: :monkey:
-The RNF wins when he counts up the points for each board in the examination.

You think he’s on here???

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Are the fonts in the right place, or just the cluster too spread out?

the fronts correctly placed is workable. set as a tri, that kinda suckks.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Totally agree. This is a design that should work with any set up and placement.

I would not try returning it to xtr: “Hey, this board I bought third hand off Craigslist does not have the placement requested by the original buyer and I’d like my money back from the manufacturer.” Not sure that’s how it goes.

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego
I would have preferred the intended fin placement, but I am pretty excited to give it a go as a thruster or twin plus trailer. I got a good deal on it so its fine.

I have the tyler warren twin + trailer that was fun in a rocket wide I used to have, I think they may go good in the RNF. Fairly large and raked back. Its also mandatory that my fins match the board color.

Screen Shot 2022-12-18 at 3.23.51 PM.png

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I would have preferred the intended fin placement, but I am pretty excited to give it a go as a thruster or twin plus trailer. I got a good deal on it so its fine.

I have the tyler warren twin + trailer that was fun in a rocket wide I used to have, I think they may go good in the RNF. Fairly large and raked back. Its also mandatory that my fins match the board color.

View attachment 144162
My post wasn’t meant to try and bum you out. Sorry, just back story. I would have kept it if I got it on the cheap. But I paid full retail with paint job, so wanted it to be right. And like I said, they fixed it no questions asked and in a1/4 of the time it took to get the first one.