Losing is winning, the problem is that he won.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Enjoy...

[size:16pt]Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President[/size]
One year ago: the plan to lose, and the administration’s shocked first days.

[img:center]https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/03/magazine/03-wolff-trump-lede.nocrop.w1600.h2147483647.jpg[/img]

As the campaign came to an end, Trump himself was sanguine. His ultimate goal, after all, had never been to win. “I can be the most famous man in the world,” he had told his aide Sam Nunberg at the outset of the race. His longtime friend Roger Ailes, the former head of Fox News, liked to say that if you want a career in television, first run for president. Now Trump, encouraged by Ailes, was floating rumors about a Trump network. It was a great future. He would come out of this campaign, Trump assured Ailes, with a far more powerful brand and untold opportunities.

“This is bigger than I ever dreamed of,” he told Ailes a week before the election. “I don’t think about losing, because it isn’t losing. We’ve totally won.”

Most presidential candidates spend their entire careers, if not their lives from adolescence, preparing for the role. They rise up the ladder of elected offices, perfect a public face, and prepare themselves to win and to govern. The Trump calculation, quite a conscious one, was different. The candidate and his top lieutenants believed they could get all the benefits of almost becoming president without having to change their behavior or their worldview one whit. Almost everybody on the Trump team, in fact, came with the kind of messy conflicts bound to bite a president once he was in office. Michael Flynn, the retired general who served as Trump’s opening act at campaign rallies, had been told by his friends that it had not been a good idea to take $45,000 from the Russians for a speech. “Well, it would only be a problem if we won,” ­Flynn assured them.

Not only did Trump disregard the potential conflicts of his own business deals and real-estate holdings, he audaciously refused to release his tax returns. Why should he? Once he lost, Trump would be both insanely famous and a martyr to Crooked Hillary. His daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared would be international celebrities. Steve Bannon would become the de facto head of the tea-party movement. Kellyanne Conway would be a cable-news star. Melania Trump, who had been assured by her husband that he wouldn’t become president, could return to inconspicuously lunching. Losing would work out for everybody. Losing was winning.

Shortly after 8 p.m. on Election Night, when the unexpected trend — Trump might actually win — seemed confirmed, Don Jr. told a friend that his father, or DJT, as he calls him, looked as if he had seen a ghost. Melania was in tears—and not of joy.

There was, in the space of little more than an hour, in Steve Bannon’s not unamused observation, a befuddled Trump morphing into a disbelieving Trump and then into a horrified Trump. But still to come was the final transformation: Suddenly, Donald Trump became a man who believed that he deserved to be, and was wholly capable of being, the president of the United States.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-book-donald-trump.html

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
LOL

Maybe Trump needs to write a book: "How to win without even trying."

I don't think this is what happened because Trump demonstrated considerable hustle during the campaign. But if it was true and I were Hillary I'd go sit in the bathtub and open my veins.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
oops, rage spiral

Fire Breaks Out At Hillary Clinton's Home In Chappaqua https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fire-breaks-out-at-hillary-clintons-home-in-chappaqua/ar-BBHQ7w8

Fire Breaks Out At Hillary Clinton's Home In Chappaqua

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

A fire broke out Wednesday at the home of Hillary Clinton in Chappaqua, New York, according to The Journal News. Firefighters were responding to the scene, according to the report.

The extent of the fire remained unclear and the cause had not been released. Police had not yet released additional details but the fire was at 15 Old House Lane, The Journal News reported.

The Clinton's Chappaqua home is reportedly worth $1.7 million, according to Guest of a Guest. The former presidential candidate lives there with her husband. The pair purchased the home in 1999 and have lived there since.

Then-Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton talks with her husband, former President Bill Clinton, after casting their votes in Chappaqua, New York on November 8, 2016. A fire reportedly broke out at the Clinton's Chappaqua home Wednesday.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
GDaddy said:
LOL

Maybe Trump needs to write a book: "How to win without even trying."

I don't think this is what happened because Trump demonstrated considerable hustle during the campaign. But if it was true and I were Hillary I'd go sit in the bathtub and open my veins.
:hah: :hah: :hah:mad: your inability to make a post about Trump without bringing up Hillary. But you're right. It's pretty sad and unfortunate that she was such a **** poor candidate that she couldn't beat a guy who didn't really want to win and had a staff that never thought he'd win.

From a self-enriching point of view it makes total sense for him to want to build his brand and his children's brand via losing without any of the responsibility that comes without actually being President. But he fvcked up, and now here he is and the whole world not including his trusty 38% hates his fvcking guts and everything is starting to fall apart.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The reason I think Hillary is relevant to the complaining about Trump is because she was the only alternative, and if it hadn't been for the many votes that were actively cast against her rather than in support of Trump he wouldn't have won.

I mean let's be honest here - if he won the electoral college and yet has never had an approval rating above 40% then that's a helluva lot of votes that were cast in favor of a lesser of the two evils. THOSE are the votes that put him into office, not the hardcore conservatives who would have voted red no matter who it was.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it's an interesting theory 1) because he prided himself on how little he
spent and 2) his brand seems to be taking a bit of a hit globally.

prior to this I think people wouldn't mind staying at a Trump property if it
was the best result on Orbitz, but now folks literally want to sh!t on the
rug in the lobby of a Trump hotel.

he's presently taking his name OFF of buildings and they have developed
the new 'Scion' brand which, btw, is a fkn brainless attempt at a spinoff
brand. FFS

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Whatever his original game plan, his options right now are to quit or to follow through. If he's going to follow through then I would prefer he cut back 90% of his traveling and golfing and cut back 90% of his twitter feed.

Personally, I think we should bill him for his discretionary traveling.

Quitting would work, too. There's nothing stopping him from doing that.