Looking for a driveway in LA to crash

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Hey all, I'm going to a show up in Hollyweird Sunday night. Planning to sleep in the van, but was wondering if anyone had a driveway we could park the van in. I have a 2016 Sprinter and it looks good, not trashy or anything. Plan to arrive after midnight and roll out around 8AM Monday AM. Any help is appreciated. I'll bring beer!

PM me.

Thanks, Joe

PES78

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 2, 2011
San Diego
If you don't find a driveway here is a link to maps that show you where to park overnight legally.

https://www.lacity.org/for-residents/popular-services/comprehensive-homeless-strategy-implementation/los-angeles-municipal

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Thanks for sharing those maps, didn't realize it was so organized.
One of my buddies in Santa Monica offered up a spot, so we're all set.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Belchfire1 said:
Thanks for sharing those maps, didn't realize it was so organized.
One of my buddies in Santa Monica offered up a spot, so we're all set.
there is all kinds of homeless camper vans parked regularly on streets in LA. one night you'd be ok.
as far as Santa Monica goes, Pennsylvania Ave at 26th shouldn't be a problem. I park there to catch the Metro rail to go downtown. come back at midnight and no parking ticket. There's also the free Metro parking on Exposition at Bundy Dr.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
I know you found a spot already Belchfire, but you might be interested to know you can park nearly anywhere along the coast from Point Mugu to Santa Monica. Malibu is packed with shitty RVs and makeshift mobile homes from Surfrider to Sunset. Hopefully they change the parking laws soon, but in the meantime an actual surfer should take advantage instead of the trolls currently there.

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Thanks Sizzld1, I might actually check out the coast rd option. My bud recently moved to Redondo and I don't think I want to drive that far all whacked out on pills and booze. :hat:

BSshwack

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 2, 2017
LA
Belchfire1 said:
Thanks Sizzld1, I might actually check out the coast rd option. My bud recently moved to Redondo and I don't think I want to drive that far all whacked out on pills and booze. :hat:
Uber and Lyft are prevalent and cheap in LA :shaka: