Long Fish

ciscojaws

Michael Peterson status
Jul 28, 2008
Kook City, VA
What’s the deal with these?

Machado/FireWire just released a stretched out Seaside so its a matter of time before Stab and the WSL start shoving it down our throats with clips of guys riding them at a wave pool.

The CC Long Phish looks good. Anyone have a long fish? Is this something that could be a more fun mid length? Longboard beater?

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Had a 7'2" McNeill CV2 quad fish that I could ride in everything here on the Sunshine coast (Qld). Also had a 6'6" CV2 but the 7'2" was the quiver killer. Yes it is a great alternative to a mid length.
They will be the next big thing.
Funny that not so many years ago all the know it all fish riders were bagging out those who dared mention fish longer than 5'10".
Surfers are such sheep.

Reactions: Havoc

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I love mine...

Mitsven Quad 7'4" (i think"

10' Mabile Twin Glider

I saw that FW board as well. I have friends that have the Machado Fish and love them. I might try the 7'4" only because I know a rep thru Kiting.

Reactions: Havoc

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
My brother has one. He also rides a lot of mid-lengths. He said the fish is more about pointing it, while the mid-length is better for turns. He likes them both.

aldo

Nep status
Aug 13, 2012
Bahamas
Rode a 6’6 CC long phish last week and it was a blast. Now have a 6’7 on order. Speed to burn and a massive range. Fun, fun and more fun.

Feels similar to a mid length but with the fish tail and thin 2.5 thickness feels more like a fish on steroids.

aldo

Nep status
Aug 13, 2012
Bahamas
Yes, that Shitake is pretty much it but has a more pulled in tail than the Christenson.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
twinzer

quad
Damn, those look so fun, even though the waves would prob be fun on anything. I had a 6’6” (I think) Hall quad fish Simmons that was very fun in local high tide waves with some size. I mostly got it for a couple of soft n Baja rights but found I didn’t like it backhand much so passed it on. Would like to try others. obslop’s old 9’3”ish Mabile twinzer long fish is still probably the best paddling board and maybe fastest lb I’ve tried, I just didn’t have it long enough to figure out how to turn it.

Reactions: ZeeHawk

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Damn, those look so fun, even though the waves would prob be fun on anything. I had a 6’6” (I think) Hall quad fish Simmons that was very fun in local high tide waves with some size. I mostly got it for a couple of soft n Baja rights but found I didn’t like it backhand much so passed it on. Would like to try others. obslop’s old 9’3”ish Mabile twinzer long fish is still probably the best paddling board and maybe fastest lb I’ve tried, I just didn’t have it long enough to figure out how to turn it.
OH I forgot I have a 8' KG/Mabile Orca Twinzer. Paddles amazingly and hauls ass.

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
OH I forgot I have a 8' KG/Mabile Orca Twinzer. Paddles amazingly and hauls ass.

Nice! Did you get that from me in Cardiff back in the day? red board. or maybe red top, white bottom?

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Nice! Did you get that from me in Cardiff back in the day? red board. or maybe red top, white bottom?
I got it new back in the KG Days. Got my very first Fish from them after seeing Daniel Thompson (tomo) riding one in TSJ. His surfing blew my mind.