Logic has eluded Zeke

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I wonder how long Zeke and Gravy think they're going to milk this thing. No one wants a real job, but YouTube could change its monetization or algorithm any time so it's best they look into real work. Also, we get older. I doubt they're going to be doing this post-40. Maybe that's fine if they make enough to retire by then but I doubt they will.
i dont think these guys are even making decent money purely off youtube in the first place. i got word of what JOB makes off the channel and he got the most subs in surfing. its not enough. he basically pays his filmers with iot and thats it. someone like Gravy, and especially Zeke are making McDonalds money

they making most of their cash of merch and endorsements.

Reactions: Homie and PRCD

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
i dont think these guys are even making decent money purely off youtube in the first place. i got word of what JOB makes off the channel and he got the most subs in surfing. its not enough. he basically pays his filmers with iot and thats it. someone like Gravy, and especially Zeke are making McDonalds money

they making most of their cash of merch and endorsements.
Merch?
People buy Ben Gravy sweatshirts and beanies and wear them out in public?

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Mason told me he used to feel bad about asking his filmer to shoot before their YT got monetized. If they weren’t shooting a clip for one of his sponsors no budget. Now his filmer calls him. So yeah YT money usually goes to filmer.

Most contracts now have social media following and minimum number of clips they have to post.

I remember when you couldn’t shoot in the Westside or on Kauai. Now clips and shots of it are everywhere on social.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
If I am getting this story straight, this guy is complaining about getting outed surfing Blacks? And complaining about landmarks?

Oh do fuck off.

Anyone who has surfed SoCal for any decent amount of time can easily identify Blacks by the wave alone with the LACK of landmarks (i.e., Anacapa Island) distinguishing it from its near-twin.

Would also add that, aside from Mason Ho's videos which seem to stand out more than others, these guys YT channels and videos are 100% interchangeable and might as well be cat videos.

Last edited: