Livingston County (Michigan) becoming second amendment sanctuary county

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
For the record, Sanctuary Street runs both directions.

Livingston County (Michigan) becoming second amendment sanctuary county

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LIVINGSTON COUNTY (WXYZ) — There's a debate over sanctuary counties and the second amendment in Livingston County with a resolution to make Livingston County a Second Amendment sanctuary county. The resolution was presented in front of the public safety and infrastructure committee, and it would limit what law enforcement can enforce.
If approved, it would declare the county a sanctuary area, meaning it would prohibit law enforcement from enforcing certain gun control measures like universal background checks, assault weapon bans and red flags laws – all considered to be a violation of the Second Amendment.
Currently there are more than a dozen Second Amendment sanctuary counties in Michigan.

The public safety committee did approve this resolution, it now goes before the Board of Commissioners on Feb. 24
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
I’ll take WACKY THINGS THAT WHITE PEOPLE DO for $400, Alex

As of the 2000 United States Census,[10] of 2010, the county had 180,967 people, 55,384 households, and 43,531 families. The population density was 320 people per square mile (107/km²). There were 58,919 housing units at an average density of 104 per square mile (40/km²). 96.7% of the population were White, 0.8% Asian, 0.4% Black or African American, 0.4% Native American, 0.4% of some other race and 1.3% of two or more races. 1.9% were Hispanic or Latino (of any race). 2

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I’ll take WACKY THINGS THAT WHITE PEOPLE DO for $400, Alex

As of the 2000 United States Census,[10] of 2010, the county had 180,967 people, 55,384 households, and 43,531 families. The population density was 320 people per square mile (107/km²). There were 58,919 housing units at an average density of 104 per square mile (40/km²). 96.7% of the population were White, 0.8% Asian, 0.4% Black or African American, 0.4% Native American, 0.4% of some other race and 1.3% of two or more races. 1.9% were Hispanic or Latino (of any race). 2

Well yeah, one of the problems with anti-"assault weapon" laws and red flag laws is that they infringe on the second amendment rights of people in rural areas where the influences used as excuses for confiscating firearm rights don't exist. The laws hamstring valid citizen activities like property protection and invasive varmint protection.

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
Well yeah, one of the problems with anti-"assault weapon" laws and red flag laws is that they infringe on the second amendment rights of people in rural areas where the influences used as excuses for confiscating firearm rights don't exist. The laws hamstring valid citizen activities like property protection and invasive varmint protection.
Hand grenades and land mines or GTFO

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
This is an interesting direction for... what should we call them:rolleyes: nutters. They take their own definition of the constitution and start to set-up their own country. Where have we seen this in history before? Extremist groups, cults...
A form of succession, but I bet they still expect all Federal subsidy, emergency aid and whatever else they feel entitled to from the federal gov.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The 2A advocates use of the "sanctuary" rationale to obstruct the enforcement of federal laws on the political basis is thick with irony. Next thing you know they'll be calling themselves the Resistance

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
This is an interesting direction for... what should we call them:rolleyes: nutters. They take their own definition of the constitution and start to set-up their own country. Where have we seen this in history before? Extremist groups, cults...
A form of succession, but I bet they still expect all Federal subsidy, emergency aid and whatever else they feel entitled to from the federal gov.

Do you have any idea what "infringe" means?

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/infringe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
infringe
verb US
to act in a way that is against a law or that limits someone’s rights or freedom:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But somehow I'm the nutter......

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
The 2A advocates use of the "sanctuary" rationale to obstruct the enforcement of federal laws on the political basis is thick with irony. Next thing you know they'll be calling themselves the Resistance

The Constitution is the highest "federal law", idiot.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
But somehow I'm the nutter......
I don't know how or why you became a nutter, choice or were you born that way?
There are conversion therapies that are still legal in some states. No promises that it will work(maybe check the science) but get it before that becomes infringed upon also.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The Constitution is the highest "federal law", idiot.
I don't think you're catching the main point of my comment. Lemme draw the picture in crayon for you. The 2A advocates are shoving the Sanctuary City trope up the immigration advocates' ass and breaking it off;. If these illegal-friendly locales can oppose the enforcement of federal immigration law then the 2A-friendly locales can oppose federal gun control laws on the same basis.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf