LIST OF DOOMSDAY PREDICTIONS CLIMATE ALARMIST GOT RIGHT

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
What caused the cooling?

Probably the same thing as back then.
Stuff.
In this case, maybe stuff = space dust in the atmosphere.

Click me for scholarly article

Blurb:

Abstract
The breakup of the L-chondrite parent body in the asteroid belt 466 million years (Ma) ago still delivers almost a third of all meteorites falling on Earth. Our new extraterrestrial chromite and 3He data for Ordovician sediments show that the breakup took place just at the onset of a major, eustatic sea level fall previously attributed to an Ordovician ice age. Shortly after the breakup, the flux to Earth of the most fine-grained, extraterrestrial material increased by three to four orders of magnitude. In the present stratosphere, extraterrestrial dust represents 1% of all the dust and has no climatic significance. Extraordinary amounts of dust in the entire inner solar system during >2 Ma following the L-chondrite breakup cooled Earth and triggered Ordovician icehouse conditions, sea level fall, and major faunal turnovers related to the Great Ordovician Biodiversification Event.
INTRODUCTION
During the past 500 million years (Ma), Earth has experienced three major ice ages (1). We live in the latest ice age that began in the Late Eocene, ~35 Ma ago, after more than 230 Ma of ice-free high-latitude continental regions. The preceding major ice age lasted from the Late Devonian to the mid-Permian, leaving behind extensive glacial deposits over ancient Gondwanaland. The oldest major Phanerozoic ice age peaked in the Late Ordovician, as indicated by glacial deposits in, e.g., North and South Africa and South America (2, 3), but sea level records indicate that ice age conditions may have started already in the mid-Ordovician (47). Although much of Earth’s short-term climate variability is astronomically paced, as expressed by the Milankovitch cycles, the fluctuations on a 10- to 100-Ma scale between greenhouse and icehouse climates are generally explained in terms of Earth-bound causes, such as the closing or opening of seaways, uplift of mountain chains, or changes in atmospheric CO2 concentrations (1).

Which brings about the question: what caused the warming?

The dust settled and there was a rebound effect.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
This herd needs thinning for sure.
that’s the thing. Some dope in the main forum thinks that global warmism is more likely to kill us all than a pandemic or super volcano.

It’s absurd.

The temperature rise (using most catastrophic predictions) over the next century will not make the planet uninhabitable. No serious scientist has said anything even close to that.

Some scientists say a warmer planet can sustain more life.

Some disease, global warfare or Yellowstone will kill us all long before it gets too hot.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
So it wasn’t people? Impossible.

And I’m confused now. Is it cooling or warming?
Your daily forecast will help you figure things out for the short term.

Seeing as it is the equinox today, I predict the next few months will grow colder in the Northern Hemisphere, yet strangely, the Southern Hemisphere will get warmer.....I thought hot air moved up, and north is always up, unless I turn the map upside down.

Now I'm confused!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Al Gore never said that.

Don't believe me though, Click me.

On second thought, seeing how poorly I've managed to prove a spherical earth to a true believer, probably not worth the effort for anyone with certainty in their heart.
Apparently Al Gore himself thinks Al gore said it....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/algore?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@algore</a> claims vindication for his 2006 prediction that world would reach a climate &quot;point of no return&quot; by 2016 <a href="https://t.co/J9yku6QLh7">pic.twitter.com/J9yku6QLh7</a></p>&mdash; Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) <a href=" ">August 11, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Your daily forecast will help you figure things out for the short term.

Seeing as it is the equinox today, I predict the next few months will grow colder in the Northern Hemisphere, yet strangely, the Southern Hemisphere will get warmer.....I thought hot air moved up, and north is always up, unless I turn the map upside down.

Now I'm confused!
I actually conducted my own scientific study and came to the undeniable conclusion that cars cause warming.

When I woke this morning at 5:00am it was 62 degrees out (still dark too). There were no cars driving by my house at all.

By 9:00am there was considerably more traffic and the temp was up to 70.

There was also some kind of bright light in the sky by that time that made it really easy to see so most of the cars had their headlights turned off, but there’s no evidence that turning off headlights make it warmer.

• Haha
Reactions: GDaddy

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Science has shown us that the earth has both been significantly warmer and significantly colder that where we are today. With all of the warming and cooling that occurred in the past how are we as humans still here and flourishing? Why aren't we extinct despite the fact that indoor heating and air conditioning are relatively new inventions? Say the claims of global warming of a couple of degrees over the next thousand years are true, aren't humans capable of adapting and overcoming?