Life Lessons From Matt Hoy

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I heard a story about him trying to smuggle bullets out of the Philippines as souvenirs for his kids. Didn't go over so well at the airport.... turned into a huge deal.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Once again - Greg is confused.

Matt Branson is the Aussie surfer who came out gay - not Matt Hoy.

Griffin, I'm sure you're one hell of a guy and obviously a great shaper - but, stick to what you know.

Just because you scored a lid for Rory back in '74 and shaped a twin fin for Potter back in '83 - it doesn't mean you have a grasp on what's really going on in the surfing world.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
I responded to your post :

"hes the original Wade Carmichael"

No comment about Matt

I know this is tough to follow .

maybe who started all this talk about Wade at least a year ago and since responded to myself as I expected - I was thinkng of him posting that response ;-)

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
he's right to complain about the devolution of style.
Something for the droop-arm droppers to think about.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Good Lord Griff...

You're gonna play the same tired game with Hoy, that you did with Irons?

The "I know something and you don't, but I'll never tell you" bit? That's becoming your thing. Don't make it your legacy here.

Yeah, when I think of an industry insider... an image of Griff is the first person I envision... you still haven't figured out who North Shore was loosely based on. C'mon insider!!

Look. you are obviously a world-class shaper and probably a good dude...

Stop trying to remind us how bitchin' you are. It's not too late to adopt the Tom Curren approach, and not the Joel Tudor way. Let your work and life speak for itself.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Just correcting your response to what I posted .

"Matt Branson is the Aussie surfer who came out gay - not Matt Hoy."

Hawaii is still a great place , I'm so glad to have been " visiting" there since 1963

Yes I have unlimited stories .