LICENSING AND PERMITTING 4 UR PROTEKSHUN

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I figured as much, especially for the more secure parts of the base. Always a pain to get certified.

One hour training on tortoises could be summarized into not driving over them or touching them.

UXO and radio training were the other required training since we were working on the bombing range. One of the drillers I was working with threw a small bomb at me without me knowing it had already been cleared the day before. Naturally, my reflex was to catch it with wide eyes. We all laughed. Bastards. :ROFLMAO:

Tinfoil hat material but I swear one of the pilots joking around painting us with their laser targeting fried my cell phone battery. Afterwards, would drain from 100 to 0 in less than an hour. Uncanny.

Hopefully Domingo's in Boron is back. They made some killer Mexican food and their Cadillac Margaritas packed a solid punch. Awesome pilot/astronaut memorabilia in there too.
phone goes funky when you pass the lake. I figure that’s when it’s tapped.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
phone goes funky when you pass the lake. I figure that’s when it’s tapped.
I usually worked on the eastern side of the base. Things did got a little weird with the phones around the Mercury gate before you reached the control tower. You can drive right on from Boron side but you are definitely being watched.

One of these days I have to check out that former prison/radar base above Kramer Junction. Place is fascinating/creepy as all hell. Rumors flying about still that it's actually used on the very covert but who knows? Something seems very "off" about that place, which does pique the curiosity a bit.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Was going to say the same.
My parents used to drag me through Peru and Guatemala as a kid through all the Mayan and Incan ruins. Obviously touring though those ruins left a subconscious fascination but the Kramer Junction place seems less like archaeology and more like post-apocalypse. One of those feelings that you know you're going to see some things you shouldn't.

Speaking of which, Nevada seems to have a lot of the latter.

Last edited:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
THAT JUST MAKES YOU A BETTER CONTRACTOR!!!!

How many hundreds of dollars do you have to pay for the privilege to be able to do you job?

"If it pleases the crown...."
Well since it’s all or nothing for you dummies why don’t you quit your screeching like a baboon and only patronize unlicensed establishments and individuals?

put your money where your mouth is and keep us updated on how it goes.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
My friend's brother is in a ditch that wasn't shored up and an OSHA guy catches him.

OSHA fines my friend who owns the business for 70 grand for making a worker work in an unsafe hole in the ground.

My friend counters by saying, his brother is not an employee, he's a part owner, which he is.

OSHA doesn't know what to do.

So they say, "Can you just give us 10 grand?"

He says no.

They are like "5 grand?"

They say, "Ok, in that case we will find something else you did wrong."

He ended up not paying.

On a side note, if you follow OSHA safety rules for doing the job he does, you can't do that job.

On another side note, the friend who feels like he is a victim of OSHA owns two houses, two boats, 8 refrigerators, 10 big screen TVs, two race cars, four regular cars, 20 surfboards.

I think the lesson there is when you make $$ the man is going to come for the vig.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Standard government procedure.

They'll confiscate 50 grand because it's illegal to hold more than 10 grand now cash BECUZ TEWORISM and the offer to settle out of court and only give you back 10 grand

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
And if the unshored trench collapsed, guarantee that person (or his insurance provider) would be out looking for anyone to sue. Probably even OSHA for not telling him the trench was unsafe.

It's not government that is forcing these regulations you and ifallalot are decrying: it's lawyers and insurance companies.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Standard government procedure.

They'll confiscate 50 grand because it's illegal to hold more than 10 grand now cash BECUZ TEWORISM and the offer to settle out of court and only give you back 10 grand
1) You can walk around with as much cash as you want in the USA.

2) If you want take you all this cash out of the country, you have to report it

3) If you want to bring all this cash into the country, you have to report it.

4) If you want to deposit/withdraw all this cash (over $10K), you have to report it.

5) If you want to deposit $9K in cash at bank X, and then go to bank W to deposit another $9K in cash, have have to report depositing $18K in cash.

6) If you spend $10K or more in cash, the merchant needs to report it.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
1) You can walk around with as much cash as you want in the USA.

2) If you want take you all this cash out of the country, you have to report it

3) If you want to bring all this cash into the country, you have to report it.

4) If you want to deposit/withdraw all this cash (over $10K), you have to report it.

5) If you want to deposit $9K in cash at bank X, and then go to bank W to deposit another $9K in cash, have have to report depositing $18K in cash.

6) If you spend $10K or more in cash, the merchant needs to report it.
The TSA is seizing funds for interstate travel

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The TSA is seizing funds for interstate travel

There is some fishy sh*t with that story.

I am calling money laundering.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
And if the unshored trench collapsed, guarantee that person (or his insurance provider) would be out looking for anyone to sue. Probably even OSHA for not telling him the trench was unsafe.

It's not government that is forcing these regulations you and ifallalot are decrying: it's lawyers and insurance companies.
I'm not decrying.

I got no skin in the game.

I just thought the shakedown was weird.

When they got him for an unsafe condition for a worker, and that wasn't the situation, they still wanted to make a money grab.