Lib Tech x Lost Puddle Jumper

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Saw his review. He stated it was plenty fast as a thruster, but he experienced some weirdness keeping it on rail.

Can’t say how well it really went after only one surf.

Is the general consensus that small wave boards are better as quads and faster down the line?
I'd pick quad for speed down the line, although some small waves that aren't racy and have some curve thruster feels great to me. I almost always throw quad in PJ but went thruster a few times and it felt fine to me, just not quite as peppy but also less skittish.

Reactions: ehiunno and Aruka

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
I'd pick quad for speed down the line, although some small waves that aren't racy and have some curve thruster feels great to me. I almost always throw quad in PJ but went thruster a few times and it felt fine to me, just not quite as peppy but also less skittish.
First surf on it, and I'm intermediate at best, but this is the shortest board I've ever owned, so of course it felt a bit skittish to me even with the tri-fin setup. Still, I caught just about every wave I went for and never fell, so...

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Had the first legit rides on the new board this morning. Rogue sets pushing 4' easy.

Wobbled around on a few of the funkier waves, but got a frontside chest high runner that let me build some speed going top to bottom and get some smooth turns in. Surfing on the front foot too much as it closed out, bogged the nose in the trough and got chucked, but it was a good one.

Feet seem to be landing in the sweet spot a lot more than on my 6' 2"..??.. The 5' 10" @ 36L seems perfect for my 5' 11" 185lbs+. Duck dives well and I can use my knee more often since its shorter.

It seems so much better in the chop than my EPS/Epoxy, and seems to be the perfect weight. I don't see myself riding anything else for quite awhile.

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
IMO for small waves -

top to bottom thruster, side to side quad.

if thruster is fast enough skip the quad, you’ll thank yourself when the top to bottom section presents itself in otherwise side to side day of surf.
Ya I've been digging an upright thruster on mine. Quad just doesn't seem to pivot as well for top to bottom but I ordered some reactor rears to try and see if that goes good too.

Reactions: Havoc

hackeysaky

Miki Dora status
Dec 19, 2002
NJ
Very much enjoying my 5'9" lib puddle jumper, surfing faster and more aggressively in small surf (and at my age) than makes sense at times. In some ways the durability is impressive (rails and bottom are pristine) but I've crushed the deck in numerous spots with some associated fissures in the glass. I've applied some patches in attempt to slow it down and maintain structural integrity. I'd rank the durability well above standard poly and epoxy build (including FireWire LFT) but certainly lower than Coil and FireWire FST and Helium. That said, if the foam is truly waterproof and pricing stays where it's at, it probably hits the price point properly

Reactions: sjlist and Aruka