Lets talk straps

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Just finished up a batch of 5 straps, check my IG at @jasonihall for the info.

I've been using front strap for about a month or so, then went out without a couple days ago. Strap is a game changer.

I have front dialed. about to do back foot. the boys here are stocked to get theirs going. next level airs going on.

easy to make.... :grin:

Dec 5, 2018
I tried once on my 4'6 as it has inserts. I guess my strap wasn't the best, it bothered me for paddling and it wasn't so easy to fit my foot in. Kind of lame...

When riding, it felt really good, easier to pump back out and you can lean more and add more power in the turn.

I haven't tried to air (yet ??).

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
gregfoil said:
I tried once on my 4'6 as it has inserts. I guess my strap wasn't the best, it bothered me for paddling and it wasn't so easy to fit my foot in. Kind of lame...

When riding, it felt really good, easier to pump back out and you can lean more and add more power in the turn.

I haven't tried to air (yet ??).
order SUP deckpad online with some nylon webbing. cut the deckpad in 2 x 11 inch. cut webbing, to 11 inch. make a sammich with nylon webbing in middle. take hole punch/leather punch for holes.

Lays flat, doesn't hurt chest. you're welcome.

You repeat my recipe I will pooop on your doorhandle. :roflmao:

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
My 2nd session with the back foot strap. Getting better at getting my foot in with some adjustments. Still a work in progress as I'd like to get to a point of just slipping foot in without having to make 2 or 3 attempts and wasting some of the wave. But the air results are worth it. The best ramps are on the pump out going straight at the wave.

Dec 5, 2018
Kaser1 said:
My 2nd session with the back foot strap. Getting better at getting my foot in with some adjustments. Still a work in progress as I'd like to get to a point of just slipping foot in without having to make 2 or 3 attempts and wasting some of the wave. But the air results are worth it. The best ramps are on the pump out going straight at the wave.

Nice, you don't get hurt doing this ? I'm so afraid of getting an injury...

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Afraid of getting an injury? You should probably stop foiling. :rock:

Go big or go home! :jam_on:

Dec 5, 2018
How do you land those ?

I had severals injury already in my life, staying 6 months out of the water is not my plan. Foiling small waves doing carve, connecting multiples waves, etc are not dangerous, at least limited risk.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
gregfoil said:
How do you land those ?

I had severals injury already in my life, staying 6 months out of the water is not my plan. Foiling small waves doing carve, connecting multiples waves, etc are not dangerous, at least limited risk.
Working on the landings on the inverted stuff, the straight airs can land most of the time. Picked up a new back foot strap yesterday, hoping to try today. The one I've been using I've had trouble getting my foot in, switched to a windsurf strap that is pretty stiff and hopefully can easily slip foot in.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Had my first foot strap injury a couple days ago. Was going for a backflip with a corkscrew and under rotated just by a little and the board hit water at and angle, bent my big toe (still in strap) back pretty good. Out of water day 2 today with a bit of a hobble. Getting better, my trainer buddy says it's a bit of "turf toe".