lets **** off China!!

Dec 31, 2002
and maybe Russia while we're at it. It has been announced that China, Russia, and several other countries are against us going to war.

Maybe Saddam deserves an ass-whippin, maybe not. Even if he does, which I will leave my opinion occluded, is it really a good idea to make Russia and China mad? Those are 2 countries that can do some SERIOUS damage to us, if not destroy us entirely if allied. Korea is just a little puppy that has a bite that hurts like hell, but overall won't damage our entire country much at all.

If we back out now, we will look weak, very weak, but we may also be looked upon as more intelligent than previously thought. Keeping good relations with 2 very powerful nuclear nations is extremely important, and not worth giving up for our pride.

Vertical

OTF status
Apr 20, 2001
outside the asylum
Visit site
Maybe we should think about the whole issue differently. Let's consider who we really shouldn't **** off. Indonesia. This is a nation that toils away 18 hours a day making clothing for Americans. They are also largely muslim. If we go to war with Iraq, the Indonesian sweat shop workers may strike, leaving us without any Gap, Banana Republic, or Nike. We will be forced to pay more for Patagonia and other "expensive" domestic clothes. I for one refuse to give up my Gap, that is why I am proud to be a peacemonger.

SombreroBandit

Michael Peterson status
Jan 19, 2002
the beach
the cottons made in the usa but theyre not put together here!

i dont think russia is that big of a threat though. they may be nuclear capable but there financing is nil and they dont have the money to even contemplate war with us.

OTIS

Michael Peterson status
Sep 3, 2002
ENCINITAS, CA, USA
It has been my belief for a long time that China is our biggest threat. "The Sleeping Giant", is just that. I think Nixon was a smart man when he extended an American friendship to the reds. Let's be thankful that our current leader has not lumped them into some made up catagory of evil and insulted them.