Let's Help Qsurf and His Wife Out

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Hola mi holas homies.

Today was our anniversary and tomorrow Lina completes her FINAL radiation treatment. fook YES, let's be fucking done with (albeit necessary) treatments that really suck her down.

It's hard not being able to take away pain from those we love. It's hard to watch vibrance and passion be replaced by anguish and fear and not a damn thing you can do to help.

But we laugh at it, the whole stupid thing. Hell we laugh til we're crying most every day at it. We like to laugh a lot.

Thanks again, I love you guys
Fuck Yeah, kicking the disease's ass! I really admire your attitude, I'll keep sending out positive vibes, she'll recover 100%!

Reactions: Q_Surf

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Q,

One word:

Ice baths.

Great for mood, pain control, sleep, and over all robustness building.

If it's cold outside, you need a sauna too.

That will be a game changer for you guys. It's fun, like camping. Your capacity to take cold increases so fast.

If I didn't drink and take drugs, I would do ice baths and sauna to catch a buzz.

Start with cool bearable water. Get used to it and add ice.

I bought an ice machine last week. I need to hook up.

I can't recommend highly enough.

Q_Surf

Duke status
May 5, 2003
world's largest oregon
Thanks Prax, but alas Lina is allergic to being cold - her skin breaks out in itchy hives ("cold urticaria").

I feel you tho, surfing up here during summer (coldest h2o of the year due to upwellings) is ice bathing and I feel bitchin afterwards!

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Hola mi holas homies.

Today was our anniversary and tomorrow Lina completes her FINAL radiation treatment. fook YES, let's be fucking done with (albeit necessary) treatments that really suck her down.

It's hard not being able to take away pain from those we love. It's hard to watch vibrance and passion be replaced by anguish and fear and not a damn thing you can do to help.

But we laugh at it, the whole stupid thing. Hell we laugh til we're crying most every day at it. We like to laugh a lot.

Thanks again, I love you guys
so glad Lina’s doing well and finishing her treatments and you’re celebrating an anniversary!
cowabunga
rg

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Thanks Prax, but alas Lina is allergic to being cold - her skin breaks out in itchy hives ("cold urticaria").

I feel you tho, surfing up here during summer (coldest h2o of the year due to upwellings) is ice bathing and I feel bitchin afterwards!
Wow. I looked it up.

Then you could do sauna and get the heat shock protiens.

Same thing.

I am so much more cold tolerant than heat tolerant.

:shaka:

• Love