Leftist Thought in 2 Minutes

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
San Diego
No, but nice straw man! What I’m saying is that a survey of 5k people is nothing compared to a literal census that counts billions of downloads.
Billions of downloads in one quarter. Have I mentioned how adorable you are? :love::LOL:

How many people mindlessly download podcasts that they have no intention of listening to :unsure:
How many people lie on surveys?

Either way- which source do you think businesses are using to decide which podcasts to put their ads in :unsure: :roflmao:
I have not idea. Do you?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Billions of downloads in one quarter. Have I mentioned how adorable you are? :love::LOL:
Uh, I didn't realize that there was a specific time span we were talking about? The list with Bongino at #7 is for the last month, so that would explain the disparity between your list and the other. Even if we are talking 1-3 months, then we are still talking millions of downloads. Which still tells you far more than 5000 people. Math is hard!

How many people lie on surveys?
Back to this strawman, again. I never said or even insinuated that they were lying. My point is that download data for millions of podcast accounts tells you a lot more than the words of 5K people.

You're really struggling here.

I have not idea. Do you?
The podcast hosts have data on how many subscribers and downloads they have and they use that to negotiate ad pricing. I imagine that there is data for purchase from the sponsor end as well, although I don't know how they go about finding it.

As for you questioning the download data, I don't see why whoever made that list would juice Bongino's numbers for political reasons while also have several NPR podcasts in the top 25 :unsure:

Reactions: schex

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
San Diego
Uh, I didn't realize that there was a specific time span we were talking about?
Believe me when I say that this is not the least bit surprising.

The list with Bongino at #7 is for the last month, so that would explain the disparity between your list and the other. Even if we are talking 1-3 months, then we are still talking millions of downloads. Which still tells you far more than 5000 people. Math is hard!
None of that makes sense.

Triton shows ranking by downloads and “users”, both of which look practically the same. It’s not apparent how they measure users. Anyway, I can only assume that the huge disparity between ranking chart websites is due to them not using the same list of networks, them not using the same sets of data, in other words.

My point is that download data for millions of podcast accounts tells you a lot more than the words of 5K people.
Downloads only tells you how many downloads. I don’t know exactly what information was taken in the survey or how accurately it represents actual consumption. Should I be like you and just assume it’s flawed? :crazy2:

As for you questioning the download data, I don't see why whoever made that list would juice Bongino's numbers for political reasons while also have several NPR podcasts in the top 25 :unsure:
Juicing Bongino for political reason? :roflmao: Bongino himself is clearly in it for the money, honey. You are so adorable!

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Believe me when I say that this is not the least bit surprising.
My bad, I didn't read the fine print under the title in your graphic that said it was a 3 month period :roflmao: Is that really the best gotcha you have? Either way it changes nothing about what I said. The top podcasts have millions of subscribers/downloads/listens on a monthly basis, and in some cases weekly.

Triton shows ranking by downloads and “users”, both of which look practically the same. It’s not apparent how they measure users.
Many people listen to podcast episodes without downloading them and/or being subscribers. That would be my best guess. They are tracing it to a specific IP/device. If you read the fine print I'm pretty sure they lay it out for you. Go ahead- doesn't really change my point above.

Even if the methodology isn't perfect, if the methodology is consistent across everything that is ranked then it still gives you a good idea of what is going on.

Anyway, I can only assume that the huge disparity between ranking chart websites is due to them not using the same list of networks, them not using the same sets of data, in other words.
Yes, this would make sense. The list with Bongino is Cumulus. I don't know the various providers or aggregators and who they cater to.

Downloads only tells you how many downloads.
People tend not to download episodes that they have no intention of listening to because it clogs up your playlist. At the very least, someone has to be interested enough to actually subscribe or at least download an episode, which gives you an idea of the popularity.

I don’t know exactly what information was taken in the survey or how accurately it represents actual consumption. Should I be like you and just assume it’s flawed? :crazy2:
Uh, again- where did I say it was flawed? :crazy2: I've cleared this up several times now. Your reading comprehension really needs work. What I've said, for the 3rd or 4th time, is that 5000 interviewees is a drop in the bucket compared to how many people listen to podcasts, and with the latter we have actual download numbers. That's like saying that the election results (downloads) are flawed because they don't match the polls (survey of 5000) :roflmao:

Juicing Bongino for political reason? :roflmao: Bongino himself is clearly in it for the money, honey. You are so adorable!
UH, no. That was based on your comment not mine. You made this comment:
"There's certainly an incentive for skewing a ratings chart one way or the other, obviously."
Which makes it sound like you think that the rating/download chart gave Bongino a better rating for political reasons. If that's not what you meant, then fine.
Holy fook dude . . . . :crazy2:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
San Diego
What I've said, for the 3rd or 4th time, is that 5000 interviewees is a drop in the bucket compared to how many people listen to podcasts, and with the latter we have actual download numbers.
Right, just like book sales always reflect books read and it’s not possible to artificially inflate sales. :rolleyes:

You made this comment:
"There's certainly an incentive for skewing a ratings chart one way or the other, obviously."
Which makes it sound like you think that the rating/download chart gave Bongino a better rating for political reasons. If that's not what you meant, then fine.
:roflmao: Well, I admire your very active imagination.:roflmao:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Right, just like book sales always reflect books read and it’s not possible to artificially inflate sales. :rolleyes:
Youre getting desperate. Most people download episodes becusss they plan to listen to them. It’s not a perfect metric, but if you compare download numbers between podcasts it gives you a pretty good idea of where they rank relative to each other.

Well, I admire your very active imagination.:roflmao:
You are the one saying the numbers are being juiced, not me. If that’s what you are saying, would an organization of the Bongino fan ilk also be an NPR fan :unsure: :roflmao: :crazy2:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
LOL Schex and GrossDad are juicing Bongodingo's numbers by listening to that drivel regiously.

There's not a single podcast chart that looks even similar.

All the numbers on these charts are vastly skewed.

The only thing they all agree on is that Bongo is not on any of them except the one schex posted. :roflmao:

On which a NPR podcast is #1 :roflmao:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
San Diego
Most people download episodes becusss they plan to listen to them.
Right, just like people buy book because they plan to read them and it’s not possible to artificially inflate book sales. It’s also impossible to artificially inflate downloads, isn’t it?

IMG_0320.gif

You are the one saying the numbers are being juiced, not me.
I said there’s an incentive ($$). You’re imagination made up the rest.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Right, just like people buy book because they plan to read them and it’s not possible to artificially inflate book sales.
Which could be true about any podcast on any list. What’s so unique about Bongino where tons of people choose to download his show but supposedly never listen, according to you?

It’s also impossible to artificially inflate downloads, isn’t it?
And they are doing this how? Proof :unsure:

I said there’s an incentive ($$). You’re imagination made up the rest.
Yet you are saying above that the numbers are being artificially inflated. Which is it :unsure:

Make up your mind dude :crazy2:

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
San Diego
Which could be true about any podcast on any list. What’s so unique about Bongino where tons of people choose to download his show but supposedly never listen, according to you?

And they are doing this how? Proof :unsure:
I wasn’t singling out Bongino. In fact, I can easily see how he’d be very popular with MAGA morons. He’s obviously ca$hing in on their ignorance and thirst for confirmation bias.

About downloads, I only suggested the possibility of artificial inflation because you seem to have such blind faith in their numbers.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
About downloads, I only suggested the possibility of artificial inflation because you seem to have such blind faith in their numbers.
. . . . And I'm still yet to hear an actual mechanism for how those numbers are inflated.

Assuming that these are actual download numbers reported by the apps, then I think it is a very valid metric for comparing one podcast to the other. What you are saying about behavior can be true for any podcasts on that list.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Bongo is #7 on a chart where Joe Rogan is not even on. :unsure:

A parallel universe chart that has NPR as the #1 podcast. :roflmao:
UH, maybe because Spotify isn't one of the networks that is counted in these ratings :unsure:

Google is your friend:
"The report also includes rankers of the top 20 sales networks and podcasts for the year, including networks and shows opting into TRITON's measurement (which leaves out networks like iHEARTMEDIA, SPOTIFY, and PODCASTONE and shows like "THE JOE ROGAN EXPERIENCE")."

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
UH, maybe because Spotify isn't one of the networks that is counted in these ratings :unsure:

Google is your friend:
"The report also includes rankers of the top 20 sales networks and podcasts for the year, including networks and shows opting into TRITON's measurement (which leaves out networks like iHEARTMEDIA, SPOTIFY, and PODCASTONE and shows like "THE JOE ROGAN EXPERIENCE")."

The Daily is consistently in top 3 podcasts and its not a Spotify exclusive.

Bongo is literally not on any other chart.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The Daily is consistently in top 3 podcasts and its not a Spotify exclusive.
UH, isn't that the point? Spotify exclusives aren't counted, hence no JRE, presumably because Spotify doesn't want to share the data with them.

Bongo is literally not on any other chart.
Probably because the platforms that aren't included make up a significant percentage of podcasts.

Doesn't mean that the data is wrong, it is just only as good as the data that they can collect.