Leash strings

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I literally tore apart my surf closet searching for a Shapers branded leash string on Saturday. There were probably 5-6 brand new typical ones that come with some leashes and tailpads, but noooo, even though I've never broken a leash string in 40+ years of surfing, I needed one of these "improved" branded ones to put on a backup board no less.

I ended up finding it after about 10 minutes of searching/rearranging, but still feel the shame.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Talking about feeling the shame, I recently yolo'd both a fishbeard and a twin pin. Back at home I realized only the fishbeard came with a CI leash string. Considered removing one from one of the zippers of a CI boardbag I have. But ultimately went back to the store and "borrowed" a string from another board in the rack.....

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Talking about feeling the shame, I recently yolo'd both a fishbeard and a twin pin. Back at home I realized only the fishbeard came with a CI leash string. Considered removing one from one of the zippers of a CI boardbag I have. But ultimately went back to the store and "borrowed" a string from another board in the rack.....
39C227F1-0182-40A7-A976-69E0304CACD5.gif

Reactions: menobrah

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
He never surfs the same string twice (hell, sometimes sells them before using them) and makes his own.

Hahaha…Pretty damn funny boys!! I only have CI and Pyzel branded strings bc they’re the ones readily “available“ from the local hangout/shop. I’d have more colored strings if I bought more leashes, but I seldom buy them. And it wouldn’t feel right removing them from leashes