Leash strings

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
also the tail end of that HS Untitled reminds me I should get another one, but appropriately sized for me. and correct me if I'm wrong, but is the boar from the first pic a Misc but set up as a quad?

• Love
Reactions: jkb

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
also the tail end of that HS Untitled reminds me I should get another one, that's appropriately sized for me. and correct me if I'm wrong, but is the boar from the first pic a Misc but set up as a quad?
First board is a Super Fling with the winged swallow.

Second is an untitled 2. He just got his second one just hasn't set it up yet. I think this time he's going with a 4 foot leash string.

All kidding aside he absolutely loves the untitled. The Thai version held up extremely well. We'll see about his new one, it being a custom.

• Love
Reactions: jkb and tedshred5

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I'm just gonna leave this here:

View attachment 134530
Has anyone ever studied the aerodynamic drag, not to mention the hydrodynamic drag, of tail pads with heel blocks like that? Here I am, spending hours of blood sweat and tears trying to get my board's finish so smooth that not the slightest dimple will impede the merry course of water across its surface, and then this.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Has anyone ever studied the aerodynamic drag, not to mention the hydrodynamic drag, of tail pads with heel blocks like that? Here I am, spending hours of blood sweat and tears trying to get my board's finish so smooth that not the slightest dimple will impede the merry course of water across its surface, and then this.
Notice that's shaved down on the sides. I used to do this to my pads when they didn't come like this. But in reality, there's a depression when you turn off the inside corner of the tail so water isn't hitting.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I don't get how tying a leash string to a leash instead of a board guarantees that no board is without a leash string.
If you tie a leash string to every board, then every board has a leash string, no?
Maybe every board and every leash needs a leash string? We're gonna need more leash strings.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I don't get how tying a leash string to a leash instead of a board guarantees that no board is without a leash string.
If you tie a leash string to every board, then every board has a leash string, no?
Maybe every board and every leash needs a leash string? We're gonna need more leash strings.
Fanning is a secret erbb lurker and he's just trolling us dat fukka