Leash strings

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
I ran into a guy on the beach while I was travelling in Mexico who swam in with a leash around his ankle after losing his board.

Me: "I have a spare leash with me if you need one."
Him: "Ah, thanks. Leash is fine. My leash string came undone - I was messing with it trying to shorten it before I paddled out."
Me: "Classic. Well, I have a spare one of those too."

:cool:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Funny story, I was paddling in from a reef on the Eastside and this big moke is paddling out. We cross paths and I can see he's got his leash wrapped around his neck like a scarf. Once he passes me, he yells at the skinny haole kid coming in behind me and DEMANDS him to give him his leash string. Kid was like what? c'mon. Moke is blocking his paddle in and makes him get off his board to take it off in the middle of the channel. LOL. Then moke puts it on his board and continues to paddle out. I slow down my paddling so the kid is catching up to me, I turn around and look at him, he says "you believe that sh!t??!" ahaha. We laughed about it. I told him moke owes him a set next time. I saw that kid years later on the North Shore and he yells, "Eh, give me your leash string!" LOLLLLL next time I see him I'll yell it.

I'm getting old, I was about to tell this story again, but looked to see if I already posted it

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Do you tuck yer knot inside yer rail saver loop or not? I have tucked it inside thinking it provides more protection from coming undone etc :shrug:

Last edited:
Reactions: ReForest