Leash recommendations

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
The honeymoon has ended and I want to throw my Creatures Superlite comp in the river. The hook and loop barely stays closed and now it's determined to wrap around my ankle as soon as I think about spinning around to catch a wave.

I have several used FCS leashes around (the basic ones, not the POS Freedom), but I may be taking out my new 6'0 Ghost out tomorrow if the wind cooperates and see how the board feels. I'm not opposed for putting a freshie on the Ghost for its maiden voyage, plus the hook and loop on my my old FCS are all pretty tired and not up for staying stuck.

I bought one of the Da Kine Kaimana Pro Comp leashes a while back and it was perfectly mediocre. I was comparing it initially to the Creatures which was so much lighter I felt underwhelmed with the Da Kine. That's on my kid's board now.

I may go grab a new comp leash and a normal (non comp) for the Ghost. What are people liking? My Creatures had top honors for me going on four months, but it's not playing nice anymore.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I know this isn’t helpful given what you’ve say said but I’m loving the full line of creatures leashes. My comp is getting a little curly but it’s well over a year. Velcro is still very solid. Definitely my favorite leashes right now.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I know this isn’t helpful given what you’ve say said but I’m loving the full line of creatures leashes. My comp is getting a little curly but it’s well over a year. Velcro is still very solid. Definitely my favorite leashes right now.
Not a Superlite comp? I was recommending the one I had to anyone that would listen, but I think it's only been 4-5 months and now the thing is a turd.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Not a Superlite comp? I was recommending the one I had to anyone that would listen, but I think it's only been 4-5 months and now the thing is a turd.
I’m not totally sure, but it’s definitely the thinnest and lightest of the comp leashes I’ve had.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I like the o&e leashes i have right now. The comp ones compare favorably to creatures but they seem stronger. I like the ci hex cord as well. Less tanglea perhaps. My standard one lasted a year and then velcro started going, which for me is pretty good since i usually break them before a year is up. For big waves hotline have treated me well.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I bought directly from stay covered, they’re in Oceanside. Had a bad experience with the leashes though. Liked the fit and finish but the Velcro ripped off duck diving waves just from the white wash hitting my ankle on a 6’ day. Never had that happen before.

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
Normally I've had good luck with creatures but just had the leash string that came with the leash tear and my boar got smashed on the rocks. not stoked. I still like them but I'd rec using something else even though the leash string looks sturdy. I got a deal on a bunch of dakines so i'll be rotating those in shortly, even the thicker big wave one for my ghost. I will not swim in!