Leash recommendations

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I actually had an okay experience with my slater designs leash. Didn't seem to tangle too bad or otherwise annoy me. Lasted me almost two years before I noticed a fin cut and retired it. It was the regular leash, 7.0mm and I mostly used it on my shortboards when the waves were overhead.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I tried to buy a freedom leash when they came out but they were sold out. Thank goodness i didnt buy one. My friend said it was a piece of crap and broke within a week on a 3-4ft day in Oside. He said it didnt really stretch at all and just popped and broke!

Reactions: tedshred5

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
not gonna lie, I've been eyeing a changing poncho after towel changing in the cold for the past few dawn patrols. I realize I'm a wuss, being that this is in San Diego :D

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
If your leash is tangling too much, try putting some 3-in-1 Oil in the swivel. May help it out.

Most leash swivels are made of brass which doesn’t hold up to salt water over time. They start to corrode and turn white/green, stop swiveling, get pits, etc.

Marine grade stainless steel would be the call for swivels but they are too expensive. .