Leash attachment?

MACSAN

Nep status
Sep 5, 2009
In the fist 30 seconds of the video, anyone know what the leash attachment is?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It's a new product but I don't think it's been released to the public yet. Can't remember the name.

I've actually been really wanting something like this. Worst things every is playing around with leash strings, not having a leash string and trying to weasel one off your other boards, etc.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
It's a new product but I don't think it's been released to the public yet. Can't remember the name.

I've actually been really wanting something like this. Worst things every is playing around with leash strings, not having a leash string and trying to weasel one off your other boards, etc.
This has never happened to me.

Also, what happens when you forget your little plug attachment? You’re surfing without a leash, that’s what.

No hope of finding someone with an extra one to borrow.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
“Hey bro, I left my Ultra Bro Leash Latch 2000® at home. Do you have an extra I can borrow?”

“Is it the Ultra Bro Leash Latch 2000®? Or the Ultra Bro Leash Latch 2000Xtreme®?”

”It’s the regular Ultra Bro Leash Latch 2000®.”

”You’re in luck! I just upgraded from the Ultra Bro Leash Latch 2000® to the Ultra Bro Leash Latch 2000Xtreme® and I still have the old one in my Sprinter.”

“OMG! You have a Sprinter! Me too!!!”

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
kind 0f a cool idea but I just have a leash for every board
i have leashes, leash strings, fin keys, wax, tape...

...everywhere.

At least two fin keys, a leash and leash string in both personal vehicles and in my work truck.

Every board bag has same.

I use leash strings as key chains.

I’ve given away more leash strings than I can count. I’ve given people leashes.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I don't have a bunch of leashes and leash ties hanging around.

I hate buying new leashes

I have a roll of parachute cord that I use for ties

Also I'm just lazy and waste time on the erBBs when I should be getting off my ass and getting my stuff ready to surf. Like right now.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
ive seen it, thought it looked flimsy
if u have a velcro rail saver, u dont need that

Reactions: sh3

MACSAN

Nep status
Sep 5, 2009
ive seen it, thought it looked flimsy
if u have a velcro rail saver, u dont need that
Where did you see it? Remember what it was called? I switch the same leash from board to board and seem convenient (and unnecessary at the same time LOL)

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
going down to the beach with a new whip and forgetting a leash string = me everytime. showing up to the beach like oh - guess ill use my shoe lace.
Been there done that, ended up burying the leash in the sand so it didn't get stolen and then forgetting exactly where it was. Oops. :roflmao:

grundy

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 16, 2005
Thanks. I didn’t realize the you needed a special plug.
If you scroll past the Retractable Leash, there's an Adapter. Presumably so you can adapt a "normal" leash plug to be a modern leash plug. :socrazy:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
some of you guys have a leash for every board?

I just have one comp and one standard at home and an extra comp that lives in my truck.

fwiw, I’ve been at a beach with an old board without a leash string and used a USB cable in its place. worked fine. I do stash an extra leash string in the car cup holder as a result. Paracord (550) works great.

Reactions: rowjimmytour