Laying rail

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
All those huge bucket throwing hacks have a long rail line. That is proving to be key to a proper manly hack!
what's going on here and what did you do w deforester?

never bought into the straight rail line on a chopped nose is the same long rail line argument. all those boards still felt small to me.
6'5 round pin. long round pins feel so good to turn.

no mention of this guy, yet?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Sunset should be an WSL event for sure, but I guess you can't have it as a triple crown event as well. Sunset, for me at least, is the essence of Hawaiian power surfing, and it would be great to see some Kong, Tom Carroll, Pancho, Sunny style power hacks on bigger boards in maxing Sunset. Love how the Ho family bust out the bigger boards as well - style and power for miles!
If you watch Jamie Obrien's videos and look closely you will see that in his garage collection he has an Elkerton Sunset board. He should take that thing out for a spin.

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
what's going on here and what did you do w deforester?

never bought into the straight rail line on a chopped nose is the same long rail line argument. all those boards still felt small to me.
6'5 round pin. long round pins feel so good to turn.

no mention of this guy, yet?
The bottom one looks like Trent Monroe.

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
I've never surfed that wave and im a big fan of Italo... but both of them had no style or finesse on that wave. Just lots of twitchy little bottom turns then hucking the biggest turn they can do.