Lawyer for accused capitol rioter/insurrectionist says his client has “Foxmania”

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I think seizing upon the talking points of the opposition as a defense is a smart move. OTOH I don't respect anyone who blames others for their own decisions. You don't see the political protesters from the left who volunteer to get arrested for passive resistance try and defer blame. They go along peacefully and plead guilty and pay their fines. On that basis I respect them for that much.

IMO, every single one of the "Stop the Steal" protesters who stepped off the curb and crossed the line gets what they get. Fck 'em. I just hope the prosecutors in DC don't do what the prosecutors in Seattle and Portland have been doing with those protesters by dropping charges.

May 24, 2020
Well, I have to admit that this rebel in the Capitol has an excellent lawyer if he came up with a defense to declare that his client has a fox mania. It's almost the same as being mentally unstable. This is really a stroke of genius. We all know that a huge prison sentence can shine for a riot in the Capitol.
Such talented lawyers are scarce. Although I must admit that when I had problems with the law, a lawyer with https://federal-lawyer.com/securities-litigation/ also saved my ass. I was almost sure that I would be put in jail, but thanks to the efforts of my lawyer, I was saved.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I think seizing upon the talking points of the opposition as a defense is a smart move. OTOH I don't respect anyone who blames others for their own decisions. You don't see the political protesters from the left who volunteer to get arrested for passive resistance try and defer blame. They go along peacefully and plead guilty and pay their fines. On that basis I respect them for that much.

IMO, every single one of the "Stop the Steal" protesters who stepped off the curb and crossed the line gets what they get. Fck 'em. I just hope the prosecutors in DC don't do what the prosecutors in Seattle and Portland have been doing with those protesters by dropping charges.
Everyone is entitled to defend themselves against criminal prosecution and they can use any (legal) defense strategy in the process.

Apr 18, 2022
Hmm, that's a clever and cunning move. However, I don't trust or support any of them. I'm not sure I can trust government agencies at all, because who knows if they are all fair? That they are all looking out for the good of the people? Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. Sometimes I think there can be a lot of "white collar" in every move by a high ranking official. After reading this article https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/4-faqs-about-white-collar-crime-presented-by-nyc-criminal-defense-lawyer-dr-nick-oberheiden-62235, I realized how easy it is for them to lie to us. Can you recommend any site where you can find more information like this?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Hmm, that's a clever and cunning move. However, I don't trust or support any of them. I'm not sure I can trust government agencies at all, because who knows if they are all fair? That they are all looking out for the good of the people? Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. Sometimes I think there can be a lot of "white collar" in every move by a high ranking official. After reading this article https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/4-faqs-about-white-collar-crime-presented-by-nyc-criminal-defense-lawyer-dr-nick-oberheiden-62235, I realized how easy it is for them to lie to us. Can you recommend any site where you can find more information like this?
godlikeproductions.com

Mar 4, 2021
Wow, that's a wild headline. It's crazy how media can influence people's perceptions and actions. Reminds me of a situation where a friend got caught up in misinformation online. It was eye-opening to see how easily someone can fall into a rabbit hole. It's crucial to stay critical and fact-check. Speaking of it, I recently came across an article on effective defense strategies in legal disputes [https://www.natlawreview.com/article/finra-arbitration-defense-strategies]. It's a good reminder to approach legal matters with diligence and expertise.

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Wow, that's a wild headline. It's crazy how media can influence people's perceptions and actions. Reminds me of a situation where a friend got caught up in misinformation online. It was eye-opening to see how easily someone can fall into a rabbit hole. It's crucial to stay critical and fact-check.
You just described @hal9000 from 2016 to the present.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
How do you keep a lawyer from drowning?

Shoot him before he hits that water.