Last minute surf trip

vanrysss

OTF status
Mar 25, 2019
Just put in my notice at work and have a week between gigs the first week of August. If the destination has decent wifi I can probably swing the last week of July as well. Would prefer somewhere with a bit of nightlife and DIY'able. I haven't been keeping track of covid lockdowns, and travel restrictions, but I am vaccinated. Any suggestions?

Reactions: shaheeb

Yewstreet

OTF status
Nov 8, 2019
Central? I would usually say Indo (I went to the mentawais in may), but I think they increased the quarantine to 8 nights and not much night life in those outer islands

Reactions: vanrysss

Sharkbiscuit

Tom Curren status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
the waves all seem pretty user friendly, daily driver and a small wave board the way to go?
YMMV but if you're an East Coaster and you go for a week, get a swell, and bring two, I'd leave the small wave board at home. Maybe if your shortboard options are low-volume, rockered-out boards for New Jersey the small wave board's paddle, entry, and drive will serve you better in point surf.

surfadelphia

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 15, 2010
Actually just booked tickets to Santa Teresa for two weeks. Logistically made a bit more sense, and looks to have what I'm looking for (nightlife, good food, fun/chill surf).
Nice. I was down there a few years back. Stayed at the north end and surfed the rock right out front and Hermosa about a five minute drive north.