Las Vegas Shooting

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
I arrived in Vegas Friday afternoon for a week vacation. I drove right between the Mandalay hotel and the empty lot across the street where all those people were slaughtered at that country western concert. Why is the window where the shooter was, not fixed?

It’s been a fun trip so far but this city‘s current infrastructure a mess.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I arrived in Vegas Friday afternoon for a week vacation. I drove right between the Mandalay hotel and the empty lot across the street where all those people were slaughtered at that country western concert. Why is the window where the shooter was, not fixed?

It’s been a fun trip so far but this city‘s current infrastructure a mess.
281E7065-ED02-46A9-9F09-5D33795EB0BF.gif

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Drink more.
Take pills.
Deadlift

#everyoneisdyingaroundmetoo
Thanks. I think. Drinking curiously doesn't do much for me anymore. The pills that would work are the addictive ones and I really don't need to add that to the pile right now. To make matters worse I put a minor tear in my hamstring yesterday kicking the heavy bag. My only relief from this BS has been exercise. Now I'm kind of limited in that aspect as well. Sometimes things just suck. But it could certainly be far worse. Which doesn't seem to help. The friend that died was one of my close friends older brothers. When we were kids stuck surfing wherever, he'd pick us up and drive us around. A week back he called someone and was crying. Depressed and lonely. I meant to call him. I didn't. He drank himself to death a few days later. We all knew it was coming. But today is another day. And it's anything but leg day.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Thanks. I think. Drinking curiously doesn't do much for me anymore. The pills that would work are the addictive ones and I really don't need to add that to the pile right now. To make matters worse I put a minor tear in my hamstring yesterday kicking the heavy bag. My only relief from this BS has been exercise. Now I'm kind of limited in that aspect as well. Sometimes things just suck. But it could certainly be far worse. Which doesn't seem to help. The friend that died was one of my close friends older brothers. When we were kids stuck surfing wherever, he'd pick us up and drive us around. A week back he called someone and was crying. Depressed and lonely. I meant to call him. I didn't. He drank himself to death a few days later. We all knew it was coming. But today is another day. And it's anything but leg day.
Someone told me once you can't use exercise to beat depression. That man is obviously an expert on mental illness

I hope everything goes better for you GWS. I think you need to go out to the mountains

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
For me it's a multi pronged attack.

I need to be working on a creative project that excites me. (I'm working on a comedy novel, something I swore I wouldn't do, and I'm always writing songs.)

Then I need some social engagement with friends.

Then I need work out all the time.

Work, when it goes well, helps too.

It's been going really well. It kind of makes me nervous.

I''ll use drugs sparingly to help manage my state.

I'm lucky because I love taking drugs but I am a lightweight.

When you are grieving you can use drugs more abusively.

But in my world they are dropping like flies.

I think what works for one person doesn't work for others.

I know Jesus works great for some.

But it doesn't work on me at all.

Hold on tight!

Reactions: Mr Doof

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
The apology is mine. I just found out someone I grew up with died. I’m just sick of death. My dog, my father, my mom, way too many friends. I’m bouncing around between sorrow, guilt and anger. No excuse. I’ll just stop.
"Living long and prospering doesn't come cheap."

- some old person somewhere who sounds a lot like my father if he would stop talking about how autocrats of various flavors are ruining things for most of humanity throughout human history.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Someone told me once you can't use exercise to beat depression. That man is obviously an expert on mental illness

I hope everything goes better for you GWS. I think you need to go out to the mountains
Exercise is one of the few things keeping me sane these days. Ripped a fatty and a sub-23 5K early this morning, felt damn good too, fastest non-race time I've ever done, really stocked. Running a half-marathon in a few weeks and feeling relatively decent (although won't be at THAT pace). Well except for the back muscle/nerve under the shoulder blade I tweaked the other day.

Good advice up there above, GWS. A breath of fresh air in a serene location can go a long ways. Even if you have to go back to sh!t, it'll be a nice refreshing centering method of getting away from it all, even if just for a little while.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You gonna be around at the “shop” tomorrow?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
View attachment 139357

That's where I was over the weekend
I liked camping when some girl I wasn't with snuck in my tent in the middle of the night to screw on the DL.

Then in the morning we pretend like nothing happened.

It only happened a couple of times but that was my favorite type of camping.

I also liked camping where we had an 8 ball to snort all night.

Mr Nature out!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I’m curious about the angle you’re taking about the victim being the last journalist to investigate the Vegas Shooting and the mental gymnastics it’s taking you and your ilk to connect that to the motive of why a corrupt politician killed an investigative journalist who had been writing about his corruption for years.
Still never got an answer to this from the OP. :poke: