Land Of The Free, Home Of The Brave

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Somebody needs to organize a giant swim-in after hours. Hire musicians and advertise it.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I just can’t wrap my mind around a law that says you can’t swim in the ocean.
Please don't try. Just reject it outright, and take our word that, in some ways, the East DESPERATELY needs some of the West's Libertarian streak.

If you ever decide you want to be a Youtuber, your erBB persona strikes me as potentially a good candidate for surfing in Chicago on a North and getting pinched, surfing after-hours during the summer in Rockaway, touching sand in half the Jersey Shore without that town's beach tag on your beach tote...

In fact just trust us that everything East of Boulder is an unmitigated hell of suck and fail.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
But also how many after hours drownings do we have? I rescue a few every year.
Which is why NYC beaches are full retard.

Aside from a “closing time” they regulate what beaches people can surf at for the full day (if I remember right, never actually surfed there). They should be encouraging surfers to surf every beach from sun up to sun down. We are the last line of defense to save someone in need, we dont leave at 5pm like the lifeguards do. We have more experience than just about every lifeguard. We’ve all helped someone inexperienced with the ocean if you’ve surfed for even a short period of time.

Reactions: hal9000

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Please don't try. Just reject it outright, and take our word that, in some ways, the East DESPERATELY needs some of the West's Libertarian streak.

If you ever decide you want to be a Youtuber, your erBB persona strikes me as potentially a good candidate for surfing in Chicago on a North and getting pinched, surfing after-hours during the summer in Rockaway, touching sand in half the Jersey Shore without that town's beach tag on your beach tote...

In fact just trust us that everything East of Boulder is an unmitigated hell of suck and fail.
Flyover Country starts at Highway 5 and extends to the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Flyover Country starts at Highway 5 and extends to the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.
Yeah and although that puts the Huskies in the Big 12, the Condoms would still get their sh!t pushed in by the Quack Attack - Autzen is just west of the 5. Plus the inexplicable home losses to Cal and Stanford every so often.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yeah and although that puts the Huskies in the Big 12, the Condoms would still get their sh!t pushed in by the Quack Attack - Autzen is just west of the 5. Plus the inexplicable home losses to Cal and Stanford every so often.
They getting high off that NorCal/PNW weed, that's why.

Or at least that's my best explanation. Halftime pep talks from Gruden seems a little more remote but plausible given results?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

I surfed in Rhode Island a couple times. Some beach break, Ruggles and a random point in front of an awesome house that I had to trespass and paddle a half mile to get to. Waves were good.