LAND GRAB! Government overreach!

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
So are you equating the length of time the military constructions units will spend in any one spot long enough to construct that section of the wall with a permanent militarization of the border?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
and what's the national security threat here?
Actually, the term I used was border security which is a topic that stands on its own merits. It's others who think making it harder for human smuggling and drug smuggling amounts to a national security issue.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Surf Beach in Lompoc is publicland and is closed to the public all summer.

There is an endless supply of examples where public land is closed or has restricted access.

No goal posts moved at all.
Of course you moved the goal posts.

It went from most public land is inaccessible to a few ambiguous pieces of anecdotal evidence and one that does not prevent access at all.

Yes small portions of public land gets shut down all the time, often for environmental reasons which is the specific goal of those lands being public and protected. Places like Yellowstone are HIGHLY trafficked public lands that without that supplemental income would likely be not nearly the beauty they are today due to lack of funding to handle the large number of visitors. This is something that is largely seen as beneficial, and enables access in many situations to areas previously impossible (some of which I don’t agree with).

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Actually, the term I used was border security which is a topic that stands on its own merits. It's others who think making it harder for human smuggling and drug smuggling amounts to a national security issue.

Is the military for national security or border security?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
So are you equating the length of time the military constructions units will spend in any one spot long enough to construct that section of the wall with a permanent militarization of the border?

Isn’t this how we have military installations all over the world?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Do you think using the Army Corps of Engineers to build the wall amounts to a militarization of the southern border?

You're just mad that more of the wall is getting built.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
What, building the wall to impede the flow of illegals?

Tell you want, when they get around to adding gun emplacements for the AI-controlled miniguns being operated by the military instead of the Border Patrol then we can fret about our southern border being militarized.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
What, building the wall to impede the flow of illegals?

Tell you want, when they get around to adding gun emplacements for the AI-controlled miniguns being operated by the military instead of the Border Patrol then we can fret about our southern border being militarized.

so you wait until something happens before you worry about it?

also, we all know the wall isn't being built.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
9.52mill acres of public land is inaccessible due to being bordered by private lands.
interesting strategy

I was looking at property in ID/OR that bordered BLM land...full on mountains and rivers and sh!t

seemed like a nice neighbor to have

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
There are vids online of federal agents being blocked from using easement roads across private land to access federal lands - the property owners call out the local Sheriff to enforce their property rights.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
That beach looks sharky, spooky.
There have been numerous attacks there, some resulting in death.

Once when I was walking up the beach to my car after a session I gave a head nod to a couple of booger boarders that were on their to paddle out.

One of them was attacked and killed shortly after.