Lamina surfboard technology?

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
No.

hmm....another highly engineered surfboard.

want to be interested but when I see another engineered eps/epoxy build I do shrug my shoulders.

problem for them is, pu/pe feels better for most people, is cheaper, and is easy to repair.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Funny, reminds me of a geek speak version of what Roy was doing way back when with his designs.

• Love
Reactions: sh3

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
just did a bit of IG stalking... nothing really in there for the last 9-12 months. maybe It fizzled out?

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
just did a bit of IG stalking... nothing really in there for the last 9-12 months. maybe It fizzled out?
No just saw Jack freestone posting about this and a pyzel posting saying this would be available in the USA soon.

It appears so far that its just on pyzel boards. their website has a picture of matt aldridge surfing a board who is in charge of the aussie operations for pyzel

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Hydroflex (what ever happened to them?) was using "supercharged" in their literature a while ago. I hate the phrase "data driven" so much I'd pass no matter how good the boards might be.

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi -- We've been working with Stu (Australian) who started Lamina for over 3 years. He had come up with a unique, but overly complicated way to build a really good feeling surfboard and he wanted us to help him develop it further.
My team has ridden them (JJF, Nathan F., Jack Freestone, Tyler Wright, Brent Dorrington, and quite a few others) and they all really like the feel. The issue stopping us from bringing them for everyone was the complicated way we had to build them. Well we've finally got most of the way past that and we just received our first 200 Lamina built EPS blanks here in the U.S.
The blanks still have to be made for very specific board sizes and models (there is carbon in the interior of the blank so you have only a small margin of error when cutting it on the CNC machine), and at this point we have just got blanks to make our Shadow model for now. Since they are based in OZ we will have a greater spread of models we will be building in Lamina there for now, and we plan to expand deeper into the U.S. as we can. We played a big role in the development of this tech and are the exclusive partners for boards in Lamina construction.
I will say that I think these boards are a great alternative build, and that both Nathan and Jack have called them their favorite EPS/Epoxy boards ever. More to come...

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Someone go grab it and let us know how it goes

Reactions: cagey