Lake Mead water ... What will California do when it's gone??

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Coming from "the wettest spot on earth" give or take from year to year, have any of you considered what you're going to do as a California resident? Do you have any concerns or even thought about the loss of water for You and family members.

I ask only as a person out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, surrounded by water that is not palatable to consume.

Is desalination, "Our" only way out for life to continue or do you keep sucking on Mother Natures t!ts until she shrivels up and gives no more?

Our nation use to give a puck about chit.
Now days, consumers are like "lil Packmen", just eating up the white lines going down an endless corridor onto oblivion looking at their phones.

Any thoughts, from y'all?
Just an Ole Man's thoughts after eating a yellow gummy on ALOHA FRIDAY ~ ~ ~ ~ ~. :waving:

fast forward / skip through the dull verbiage

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Desal...although next to impossible regulations in California to get it done. Carlsbad plant took almost 15 years I think...
Sounds like the Shot Calling Politicos in Sac-a-tomatos will continue to suck on Mom's t!ts.
Someone should hire a bus, take them out to Salton Sea ... and just point, to "their future" ...

Reactions: 2surf

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Sounds like the Shot Calling Politicos in Sac-a-tomatos will continue to suck on Mom's t!ts.
Someone should hire a bus, take them out to Salton Sea ... and just point, to "their future" ...
They act like they want the state returned to wilderness but they need people to rule or they have no power. Consequently, I think they're going to turn off water to ag and keep running it to the cities. Ag can't keep pumping from wells because the aquifer is drying up and the ground is sinking. Maybe the entire inland valley will start to look like the lower valley towards LA. This will exacerbate our food problems and any notion of locally-grown food.

I think LA gets some of water from CO River/Lake Mead and some from NorCal via the CA aqueduct. San Diego could recycle all wastewater into drinking water - we're already 80% of the way there. DeSal is out because even if we built the plants we have no excess power to run them. Power is our other huge problem. We shut down San Onofre and extended Diablo Canyon a couple of years. Solar is a small percentage.

These are all solvable problems that I don't expect to be solved simply because we've done nothing about it for years. What am I going to do? I'm going to be hao'le and move to Hawai'i. Duh.

• Haha
Reactions: 2surf and Subway

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
When I left California in 1979 there was plenty of water. Who phucked that up?
1 Our greats great grand parents kids, then their kids, then their kids, their kids, our kids
2 USAians moving in from out of state
3 Immigrants
4 Our wants and very little action on some foresight
5 Mom nature

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
I realize what I am about to say isn't a long term fix, but..each Californian needs to conserve. There are ways to do it.

Take a "marine" shower. Get wet, turn off the water, soap up and wash, then turn the water back on and rinse.

Don't flush if you pee for a day. Then flush. Poop, ok, its gotta go.

When brushing your teeth or washing your hands, shut down the water while you do said task, then turn the water on to finish.

Always think about turning off the faucet immediately, regardless of what you are doing.

Don't water your lawn. Xeriscape with plants that need very little -if any -water.

In a state with a large population like California, it can make a difference.

You can cut your individual water consumption in half, with no pain.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
1 Our greats great grand parents kids, then their kids, then their kids, their kids, our kids
2 USAians moving in from out of state
3 Immigrants
4 Our wants and very little action on some foresight
5 Mom nature
1EBA3998-8AAF-4040-A820-7E609668A494.jpeg
Warren Bechtel’s masterpiece was finished in 1936, my grandparents generation.

Off with their heads.

Same.

Same.

Not to be messed with.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I realize what I am about to say isn't a long term fix, but..each Californian needs to conserve. There are ways to do it.

Take a "marine" shower. Get wet, turn off the water, soap up and wash, then turn the water back on and rinse.

Don't flush if you pee for a day. Then flush. Poop, ok, its gotta go.

When brushing your teeth or washing your hands, shut down the water while you do said task, then turn the water on to finish.

Always think about turning off the faucet immediately, regardless of what you are doing.

Don't water your lawn. Xeriscape with plants that need very little -if any -water.

In a state with a large population like California, it can make a difference.

You can cut your individual water consumption in half, with no pain.
Urban water is 10% in California. Most of these, while legitimate ways of saving water, are bandaids on a broken leg in the grand scheme of things.