Lacrosse Is Rad: 2020 PLL Championship Highlights

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Stocked I realized the season was underway in time to watch the last few games. Why Lax isn’t more popular is beyond me. Even if I hadn’t played I’d still think it was gnarly.

Reactions: stringcheese

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
even the highlights are boring
I have respect for soccer but that to me is the definition of boring.
I haven’t watched a single game that wasn’t competitive and high scoring (15-20 goals total)

100mph shots Pinpoint Accuracy

Belichick would make Brady play goalie lol.

Last edited:

Peter1

Nep status
Jul 29, 2005
Ice hockey is basically the same game, just 100X faster. So lax (brah!) always seems kind of slow. And because there are so many (relatively) goals, and it's pretty easy to score, it lacks the thrill of a soccer or hockey goal

It's probably a lot more fun to play than to watch, like most sports.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Lacrosse is cool, I guess.

If you can't play hockey, I mean.
Because maybe you have ankle cancer. Or degenerative rhythm disorder. Or pagophobia.
I support the special Olympics. :shaka:

Thumbs down

Edit: that was messed up because I legitimately like lacrosse, and legitimately support the Special Olympics, though through hockey.

Last edited:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Ice hockey is basically the same game, just 100X faster. So lax (brah!) always seems kind of slow. And because there are so many (relatively) goals, and it's pretty easy to score, it lacks the thrill of a soccer or hockey goal

Feel the same way, white boy sport with high barrier to entry the po' black folk can't afford. Also a tennis sized rubber ball with a relatively large goal, even with the large catcher's mitt the goalie doesn't have the upper hand. At least in hockey they let you fight and the players are legit tough, most sports (ball chasing) suck anyway.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

No other sport has same opportunities for creativity imo. Also I don’t think it’s easy to score, I think it’s just really hard to play goalie. Everybody is really good at finding corners/accuracy, putting spin on the ball, disguising their shots/fake outs, “trick shots”, etc. Long sticks taking shots doesn’t help either.

I also really like how the refs let them play/the game flows.

Last edited: