LA Times: Overheard in the lineup…

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Funny stuff. I just surfed a light jambalaya of East coast surfing humanity and didn't say a word. I mumbled something about some fun ones on the beach when asked, but stayed well out of the fraygaeness. Funny stuff.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Dude-bros. I'm betting this kook sat in his cubicle and pulled all the quotes out of his transplant ass.

There's some little waves by the way. Glassy as far as the eye can see day after day. Spots that aren't even spots have ride-able waves. Hot. No let up in sight. I'm sore as sh!t. But you kooks, you want to fight?! Go to the beach. I’ll take you out any day, and I’ll pull your hair and call you Alice every time you get in my way.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I went too far yesterday. I'm freaking sore. I was contemplating a glider and just cruising back and forth today, but I may be down to a hammock, the hose and huddling around the air conditioner.

I believe it's supposed to get bigger and hotter as week wears on. Hate to waste a day, but my body may need a day off.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
on land, sans the aggro, but otherwise same conversations as meeting surfers anywhere...."did you go out this morning/yesterday/last week/whenever?"...."just got back from Hatteras/Hawaii/Costa Rico/Indo/wherever"..."did you see that sick video from Pipe/Mavericks/Chopes/wherever?"...."looks like some swell coming tomorrow/Friday/next week". etc etc etc
going to parties by/for/of surfers is particularly tedious.