LA Sewage Spill

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Funny how the water all around that outfall kinda fizzes and has an awful smell.
El Porto/El Segundo... Where the debris meets the sea:barf:

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
I was going to surf today, but a friend texted me about this bullshit last night and chickened out. They were talking about closing Will Rogers, and that's way too close to where I was gong to go.

So this morning I looked at the cams, and there are tons of people in the water.

If they don't all get hepatitis, I'm going to feel cheated.:toilet:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I was going to surf today, but a friend texted me about this bullshit last night and chickened out. They were talking about closing Will Rogers, and that's way too close to where I was gong to go.

So this morning I looked at the cams, and there are tons of people in the water.

If they don't all get hepatitis, I'm going to feel cheated.:toilet:
I had friend who would specifically choose days after heavy rains to surf Malibu and I'd ask him if he worried about hepatitis and his response was, "Gamma globulin man, gamma globulin..."

• Haha
Reactions: Witchipoo

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Dirty little not-so-secret here.

17 million gallons is 6% of what that plant discharges DAILY.

The difference here is that this particular load of raw sewage was released 1 mile from shore instead of the usual 5.

Reactions: Boneroni and npsp

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site

The difference here is that this particular load of raw sewage was released 1 mile from shore instead of the usual 5.
What usually gets released 5 miles out is treated effluent, not raw. Could have been worse....

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The homeless sh!t, pisss, throw their garbage, and vomit on the regular in the creekbeds. First big rain of each winter flushes it all out to sea. It was bad enough 20 years ago, now I won't go in the ocean for like 10 days after. Nasty-ass sh!t.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

you are really having a rough one, bud

you missed the "untreated" part...you know, the actual lynchpin of the entire story

goddamn...you make sh!t up to feed one dirty diaper and then ignore the really
important stuff to tee up a second dirty diaper

ZZ Soft Top

Nep status
Sep 22, 2013
Manta Sonica
I surfed somewhere south of there on Monday morning and as I was driving home along Highland above Dockweiler I noticed it smelled even more pungent than usual.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
you are really having a rough one, bud

you missed the "untreated" part...you know, the actual lynchpin of the entire story

goddamn...you make sh!t up to feed one dirty diaper and then ignore the really
important stuff to tee up a second dirty diaper
You seem upset.