La Saladita - Trip Report

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
It's no secret that this place is a dream wave for longboarders......I went back last week for the second year in a row, and I'll be going back every year(hopefully more than once per year). I've been staying at La Chuparosa(http://lachuparosadesaladita.com/) and can't recommend it enough. The property consists of two LARGE Villas that are about 2300 square feet each and can house up to 10 people each, and then two small casita's which are basically one room with three beds, a bathroom and an outdoor patio/kitchenette, which is where I've stayed. Here's some pics of the property, beach and surf.....HIGHLY recommended for anyone who wants to surf the longest left point break in North America......

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Dammit...I give up trying to post the videos.

EDIT: Finally worked using "Method 2" described on the main forum.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
Looks fun 10over, especially for a log, and likely for a fish too. Good style.
Place looks killer as well and will prob end up there before too long. Headed not far away next month...pray for swell.
Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Many spots within striking distance, some by car, others by boat. You can get a panga to take you fishing/surfing for pretty cheap. The point at Saladita is the main attraction though once you're there.....

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Nice. My buddy was just talking about this (he's goofy) but I found out it was a left and told him no way... back to salina cruz lol.

Looks like a fun place and you scored some fun surf :cheers:

Are you still shaping your own boards?

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
A little more at size. I surfed it pretty solid 4-6' with some bombs thrown in 10-12 years ago
Super fun

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
"Are you still shaping your own boards?"

No, haven't shaped/glassed my own boards in a few years.....Too toxic for my house/neighborhood. I've been riding custom boards by Josh Martin for the past 5+ years.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
have you checked with bird or shapers studios? Heck, I bet if you pinged some shapers they'd rent you the space if you did it during their non working hours.

Ricknj

OTF status
Feb 29, 2008
nj
hows the town vibe and how is it for taking GF who is still in the low intermediate range, just want her to have some fun and catch waves , I know the place is popular not sure how aggressive the lineup is, I have never really been to a longboard destination but starting to enjoy riding the log!

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Ricknj said:
hows the town vibe and how is it for taking GF who is still in the low intermediate range, just want her to have some fun and catch waves , I know the place is popular not sure how aggressive the lineup is, I have never really been to a longboard destination but starting to enjoy riding the log!
mellow. other beginner waves not too far away as well. do it.