LA beaches done

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I disagree with “shut it all down” but I do agree that these restrictions are arbitrary.

We need to LOOK AT WHAT IS THE MOST LIKEY to cause problems (surfing and riding bikes ain’t it) and address that.

Old people, sick people, diabetes people, stay home.

Had a guy on our Nextdoor App complain about people not moving out of his way while he was on his walk down at the waterfront.

He says he’s 70 with diabetes and is ”scared” because people aren’t giving him space to pass.

Stay home you fucking idiot. Stay home.

Just like my parents. Dad has emphysema, mom pretty healthy. They send texts to stay home literally all day. I call to check in, they are on their way to the store. :unsure:

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
When does it start affecting us? You folks have been ringing tbe fear bell for 2 months....news says hospitals overwhelmed......feet on the ground say otherwise. Ive checked all my local hospitals.....nothing out of the ordinary......when do your theoretical futures happen? Im losing my rights as we speak....not a theory....if you want to give up your rights for safety, then dont drag me along....
You put all of society on house arrest pre emptively.....quit with your ad hominem crap...i understand you are afraid, but you arent going to get your freedom back.....this is just like 9/11 and you sound just like all the obedient folks from back then, shouting down and insilting dissenting viewpoints....ridiculing and calling names. Using societal pressure.....keep lying, it doesnt become true. Im going to keep surfing. Just like i have been. The cops are going to have to kill me to stop me from getting wet....
You have the freedom to chose if you live on your knees. I refuse consent....
See attached pics, data available at:

Check coronawiki.org for nationwide and state by state numbers.

A handy approximation tool for “when this gets” to your arbitrary and uneducated definition of “real” can be found here:
https://covidactnow.org/

Attachments

captyoda

Nep status
Feb 18, 2013
North County
When does it start affecting us? You folks have been ringing tbe fear bell for 2 months....news says hospitals overwhelmed......feet on the ground say otherwise. Ive checked all my local hospitals.....nothing out of the ordinary......when do your theoretical futures happen? Im losing my rights as we speak....not a theory....if you want to give up your rights for safety, then dont drag me along....
You put all of society on house arrest pre emptively.....quit with your ad hominem crap...i understand you are afraid, but you arent going to get your freedom back.....this is just like 9/11 and you sound just like all the obedient folks from back then, shouting down and insilting dissenting viewpoints....ridiculing and calling names. Using societal pressure.....keep lying, it doesnt become true. Im going to keep surfing. Just like i have been. The cops are going to have to kill me to stop me from getting wet....
You have the freedom to chose if you live on your knees. I refuse consent....
Your kidding right? Its all fake news? Should I tell my wifes cousin who is a emergency room DR in NY who has a bruise rings on his face from wearing a mask nonstop and sleeps in his car because he is scared to go home to his family every night that some entitled tool thinks its not real? Should I tell his 3 little kids who haven't seen their dad in 2 weeks its "nothing out of the ordinary" I mean you have checked all the hospitals here. What did you do drive in and look around? We are in a fuckin pandemic, and yes people are dying and sorry you can't play in the ocean for a little while. Everything is not political or a conspiracy.

This is very real and entitled idiots are the reason why things like beach closures happen because people are so selfish they can't chill out for a few weeks. Last Sunday my local was as crowded as the worst Summer day and surprised its now closed. I kept seeing dummies posting resist at local skateparks and surprise they are also closed. If people practiced some restraint than I could be surfing right now, but no every jerk off decided to take a surf trip last Sunday. SO tired of being surrounded by dopey, dumb people.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Your kidding right? Its all fake news? Should I tell my wifes cousin who is a emergency room DR in NY who has a bruise rings on his face from wearing a mask nonstop and sleeps in his car because he is scared to go home to his family every night that some entitled tool thinks its not real? Should I tell his 3 little kids who haven't seen their dad in 2 weeks its "nothing out of the ordinary" I mean you have checked all the hospitals here. What did you do drive in and look around? We are in a fuckin pandemic, and yes people are dying and sorry you can't play in the ocean for a little while. Everything is not political or a conspiracy.

This is very real and entitled idiots are the reason why things like beach closures happen because people are so selfish they can't chill out for a few weeks. Last Sunday my local was as crowded as the worst Summer day and surprised its now closed. I kept seeing dummies posting resist at local skateparks and surprise they are also closed. If people practiced some restraint than I could be surfing right now, but no every jerk off decided to take a surf trip last Sunday. SO tired of being surrounded by dopey, dumb people.
There are ERs in Chicago that treat multiple gun shot victims every single day. Does that mean the entire US is a war zone and needs to be shut down?

No.

And it has fuckk all to do with LA beaches.

Live free or die.

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
Live free or die.

Any questions?
yea, here's a question for you.

in your other reply you're shaming your 70 year old neighbor for going outside and complaining that people arent giving him enough space, telling him he should "stay the fuck home."

who are you to take that right away from him? are you a commie?? why should some restrictions be okay and not others? where does your uneducated opinion draw the line, and why does your ego blind you to the fact that you don't actually know whats best for the country as a whole?

the virus has an incubation period of 1-14 days, in that entire time every young, healthy person is still spreading it to every other young healthy person that then goes home to their family. do i really need to explain this to you?

The mortality rate is not the issue. Youre still very at risk to go to the ICU. Look at the distribution of the hospitalization rate across age ranges, not the mortality rate. Its essentially evenly distributed, tapers off a bit at the sub 25 y.o. mark. Youre not immune from getting a severe case just because youre under the age of 65.

Dont feel bad. Everyone you see outside making you think its not that bad is just as oblivious as you are.

Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for chartss on a theoretical situation. I appreciate the attempt at level headedness.... I can understand your concern, a d im very sorry people you know have suffered. But my surfing usnt spreading a disease, keeping you home, nor is it harming your friends. You want to ruin my life, steal my job, and kill my children with starvation...all because youre scared. You should ve allowed to chose to stay home, a d i should be allowed to take risks..if anybody thinks my freedom is too risky, then they can stay home on lockdiwn....i shouldnt be ble to firce you out of your self inposed qyarantine any more than you should ve able to force quarantibe on me because you fear death. I do not. I make my peace with god every time i paddle out.

Reactions: stringcheese

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
the US has more cases and more severe exponential growth than ANY OTHER COUNTRY in the world, and no, we were far from the first country to get this. This is specifically because of the density of people like you. Again, dont feel bad, theres a lot of you. but also, kinda feel bad.

1585506320156.png

Attachments

Mar 24, 2020
Youre silly. stop with the hyperbole. Youarent able to surf right now because of govt...all you have for me us graphs and shizz....i actually lost my job. I actually am wartching my kids become depresses because their lives have heen ripped from them. My neighbors are goibg hungry...a d because of your charts....we are supposed to just lay down and die?
You=theoretical
Me=desperate.....not much left to losea
and you have the gall to tell me im selfush, a d that i should feel bad?
Thats messed up man.
Every day im out there in the sheeit. Taking an elder relative to dialysis. I know what i see in reality. You have an agenda and its authoritarian in nature..

captyoda

Nep status
Feb 18, 2013
North County
There are ERs in Chicago that treat multiple gun shot victims every single day. Does that mean the entire US is a war zone and needs to be shut down?

No.

And it has fuckk all to do with LA beaches.

Live free or die.
HAHA no words for this stupidity.

I miss the days when it was a little hard to get online. It filtered out the real bottom dwellers.

It has to do with Los Angeles because it is in LA and continues to grow. Your example makes no sense about Chicago because its not just in one city it is here also. Last Saturday we had 1,261 cases and in 6 days the number quadrupled and it will continue to do so. NYC only had a few cases just a couple weeks ago and now have 30,766.

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
Thank you for chartss on a theoretical situation. I appreciate the attempt at level headedness.... I can understand your concern, a d im very sorry people you know have suffered. But my surfing usnt spreading a disease, keeping you home, nor is it harming your friends. You want to ruin my life, steal my job, and kill my children with starvation...all because youre scared. You should ve allowed to chose to stay home, a d i should be allowed to take risks..if anybody thinks my freedom is too risky, then they can stay home on lockdiwn....i shouldnt be ble to firce you out of your self inposed qyarantine any more than you should ve able to force quarantibe on me because you fear death. I do not. I make my peace with god every time i paddle out.
theoretical? I appreciate your attempt at level headedness as well, but for real? You wont be calling it theoretical when it hits close to home, and it will happen soon. again, sad to say. When you gas up your car you get it at the pump. when you hit the crosswalk button you get it / spread it there. when walking, the dude that coughed 15 feet from you, the wind blows it in your path. You then unknowingly transfer it to tens of more people before even realizing you have it. This behavior is what creates exponential growth, it is what causes our hospitals to become overwhelmed and when that happens, society can not properly function whether you will for it to or not. With the USA's foolhardiness comes unmatched exponential spread. My opinion? we're all gonna get it. brace yourselves. Though its worth noting 80% of cases are mild, and yea the mortality rate is low for younger people. But spending a couple weeks on a ventilator isnt my idea of fun, neither is kicking off an old dude during triage in order to save my own life (they prioritize based on age), neither is the HOSPITAL BILL of spending that much time in the ICU in America (~$35,000, some reports say).

I changed my tune about it when i realized that the ICU rate is roughly evenly distributed. its not death i fear, its going to the damn hospital for two weeks and the bill associated with that.

Youre not taking your own life and financial future in your hands when you venture outside, youre taking EVERYONE ELSES in your hands, and spitting in the face of every doctor and nurse you know to boot.

Mar 24, 2020
Im nit taking a ybody elses life. Thats the agenda im talking about...everythi g you ave is theoretical math, and its only accurate if the data that goes into it is accurate..you can call me u educated all you want, but just gave yourself away....your math models a theoretical likelihood based upon numbers that gave been shown by other sources to be off....why has the uk downgraded the threat of covid19 if its so deadly?
You present the theoretical math as a crystal ball that shows the future...the models they used to put us under lockdown have been revised downwards and they are back pedaling on their earlier estimations of lethality....
But you present dogma based on mathematical estimations of reality...
Bean counter..theory vs reality.

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
Youre silly. stop with the hyperbole. Youarent able to surf right now because of govt...all you have for me us graphs and shizz....i actually lost my job. I actually am wartching my kids become depresses because their lives have heen ripped from them. My neighbors are goibg hungry...a d because of your charts....we are supposed to just lay down and die?
You=theoretical
Me=desperate.....not much left to losea
and you have the gall to tell me im selfush, a d that i should feel bad?
Thats messed up man.
Every day im out there in the sheeit. Taking an elder relative to dialysis. I know what i see in reality. You have an agenda and its authoritarian in nature..
you seem like you mean well. i get it. but recognize how uneducated you are on this subject and allow others to inform you, then if you want to be a truly big person allow this information to change your behavior.

Here's the thing about the ecomomic issue. Yes, its very very serious. but heres the thing.

The health issue, or virus issue, or mortality issue, or overwhelming of our medical system issue - can only be alleviated ONE WAY, and that is by physical means. We have to physically distance ourselves from others significantly and avoid all unneeded risks, and influence others to do the same (which is what im doing right now), instead of letting other uneducated people be influenced by what they see out their windows which is sunshine and smiling faces. "saw lots of people on the cams today..." This is for my own good, my country's own good, and your own good as well as your family's.

NOW, the economic issue comes second. what is the ecomomic issue? I cant pay for food and rent because im not able to work because of shelter in place orders. How do we solve this, as a country? there is only one solution - we either waive rent for the entirety of this shut down and give people vouchers for food, or we give people money to spend on rent and food which is what the administration has decided to do so far with the stimulus check as well as relaxed unemployment qualification restrictions including waiving the 1 week wait time. No one is going to go hungry.

The economic situation is one solved by the snap of someones fingers. put the right numbers in the right places and we all survive. forgoe rent for businesses too who already dont have to pay their employees and guess what? every business survives. This is not a difficult issue to solve, although the economic ramifications will last as we fail to 'profit' during this shut down, but the aforementioned steps are necessary for our survival and slowly, little by little the administration is kinda sorta getting that.

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
You are spitting on all those men and women who died to bring you freedom. All because of theoretical fear.
no, youre LITERALLY spitting on every one of your neighbors and every elder you know that fought for freedom, and potentially infecting them and causing them death.

Mar 24, 2020
I like you. I actually do. Ive prob sat next to you in the lineup. I trust you mean well too.. Im definitely not uneducated just because you disagree with me...ican see you are educated too, but sometimes that just stops outside the box thinking...you believe theres only one way to stop this, and thats the way the gov is suggesting.
Im telling you that humans are smarter and more resilient than that. There is always more than one way.
Ill do what i have to do so i can stand tall and look my kids in tbeir eyes. Unless people like us, brother surfers, can come to agree, then the future us a stark and hopeless place full of war

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
yea, here's a question for you.

in your other reply you're shaming your 70 year old neighbor for going outside and complaining that people arent giving him enough space, telling him he should "stay the fook home."

who are you to take that right away from him? are you a commie?? why should some restrictions be okay and not others? where does your uneducated opinion draw the line, and why does your ego blind you to the fact that you don't actually know whats best for the country as a whole?

the virus has an incubation period of 1-14 days, in that entire time every young, healthy person is still spreading it to every other young healthy person that then goes home to their family. do i really need to explain this to you?

The mortality rate is not the issue. Youre still very at risk to go to the ICU. Look at the distribution of the hospitalization rate across age ranges, not the mortality rate. Its essentially evenly distributed, tapers off a bit at the sub 25 y.o. mark. Youre not immune from getting a severe case just because youre under the age of 65.

Dont feel bad. Everyone you see outside making you think its not that bad is just as oblivious as you are.
I’m not making him stay home. The CDC recommends people like him in particular should stay home. Common sense says he should stay home.

I told him that if it was me who was 70 with diabetes I’D STAY HOME.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
HAHA no words for this stupidity.

I miss the days when it was a little hard to get online. It filtered out the real bottom dwellers.

It has to do with Los Angeles because it is in LA and continues to grow. Your example makes no sense about Chicago because its not just in one city it is here also. Last Saturday we had 1,261 cases and in 6 days the number quadrupled and it will continue to do so. NYC only had a few cases just a couple weeks ago and now have 30,766.
increase testing. Increase cases. That is at least part of the equation.

Reactions: Anne t kryste