Kyle Rittenhouse - The Truth in 11 Minutes

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
How was he being a dick? By now bowing down to someone who belongs to more disadvantaged groups and checking his own privilege?

The fact that Sandman irks you so much says a lot about you and your systematic bias.
And the fact that half of your ilk could write a "Clinton Cash" style character attack on Nathan the drum-banging idiot but don't even know Biden came out against looting/rioting almost immediately says the same.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
And the fact that half of your ilk could write a "Clinton Cash" style character attack on Nathan the drum-banging idiot but don't even know Biden came out against looting/rioting almost immediately says the same.
Who’s my ilk?

As for Biden’s positions, the guy has been practically invisible to the public. By the Dem party design. When’s the debate again?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Who’s my ilk?

As for Biden’s positions, the guy has been practically invisible to the public. By the Dem party design. When’s the debate again?
Your ilk is people that want to cling to the mindless notion that mainstream Dems didn't condemn the violent part of it about five minutes after it happened. Even Ilhan goddamn fucking Omar did.
It's been ground the Democrats have had to defend since Civil fucking Rights. It's like thinking Dick Cheney hates defense contractors and is incapable of pivoting to some heroes in uniform pablum.

Debate is Tuesday.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Your ilk is people that want to cling to the mindless notion that mainstream Dems didn't condemn the violent part of it about five minutes after it happened. Even Ilhan goddamn fucking Omar did.
It's been ground the Democrats have had to defend since Civil fucking Rights. It's like thinking Dick Cheney hates defense contractors and is incapable of pivoting to some heroes in uniform pablum.
I’ve never thought that Dems who actually hold political positions condone rioting. Although there is a sizable contingent of Dem voters and media figures who have basically are apologists for the rioters, or at best turn a blind eye to it. Look at the Portland thread FFS.

Debate is Tuesday.
Good, hopefully Joe holds on to his marbles.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Although there is a sizable contingent of Dem voters and media figures who have basically are apologists for the rioters, or at best turn a blind eye to it. Look at the Portland thread FFS.
Yeah. The Portland thread on the erBB. Great barometer for "sizable contingent of Dem voters and media figures".

If by blind eye you mean pointing a camera at it and having it be evening news, you've got me. Checkmate.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yeah. The Portland thread on the erBB. Great barometer for "sizable contingent of Dem voters and media figures".
I don’t think it’s sizable in terms of it being a large slice of the pie, although it does have enough influence to control the narrative. Leftleaning media sources have been tiptoeing around the issue and are afraid to go much deeper than basic reporting and condemnations of violence. Matt Taibi covered this pretty well in an article that got posted here, and he seems to be one of the only liberal media figures with the clout and balls to ask the questions that the twitter mobs don’t want to hear.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I don’t think it’s sizable in terms of it being a large slice of the pie, although it does have enough influence to control the narrative. Leftleaning media sources have been tiptoeing around the issue and are afraid to go much deeper than basic reporting and condemnations of violence. Matt Taibi covered this pretty well in an article that got posted here, and he seems to be one of the only liberal media figures with the clout and balls to ask the questions that the twitter mobs don’t want to hear.
I'm so old I remember when all the erBB wanted was the left to do basic reporting. Those were the days.
Taibbi covered it well? Let's check the tape:

Sometimes it seems life can’t get any worse in this country. Already in terror of a pandemic, Americans have lately been bombarded with images of grotesque state-sponsored violence, from the murder of George Floyd to countless scenes of police clubbing and brutalizing protesters.
"Sometimes it seems life can't get any worse in this country."
Holy sh!t, grapedrink. If Taibbi slapped on a pink knit pussy hat would you still take him seriously? Because this is objectively some Trigglypuff sh!t. It's YOU'RE A WHITE MALE without using the words white or male.

Then he says George Floyd was murdered in an act of GROTESQUE STATE-SPONSORED VIOLENCE and characterizes the response to the protesters the same way, in the same sentence.

The guy has done everything except spraypaint "reparations" on a safe in a burning bank branch. This is point-blank your cities DESERVE TO BE ON FIRE except it might cost Biden the election thinking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting back to Sandman, let's ignore how batshit insane thinking he was going to get $275M is, or that AT&T would rather have their legal department play Minecraft all day instead of, you know, doing the job they're already paid to do.

Why, if CNN is the Great Satan, would he/his family want to keep the settlement amount private, and wait three months for it.

If CNN is an asshole to a Trumper, and Trumper goes to court to prove CNN is an asshole, and Trumper wins $275M, how in the f--k can you think a kid wearing a MAGA hat a Right To Life Rally isn't going to be doing a touchdown dance on a sidewalk in front of a skyscraper in Atlanta where CNN is (or was)?

"Nah, I don't want the money now. Let's wait three months. It would look bad for the people I want to make look bad for making me look bad otherwise".

"As a result of the delays caused by COVID-19, with Nicholas’ eighteenth birthday just three months away in July 2020, and in light of the parties’ joint desire to ensure the confidentiality of the settlement, the parties to the Lawsuit will wait until Nicholas’ eighteenth birthday to consummate the settlement," Sandmann's attorney, Todd McMurtry, wrote in court documents.

Reactions: Woke AF

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

Debate is Tuesday.
Bullshit. The democrats are behind the riots and looting. Who cares what lipservice they give.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If you're talking about Sandmann, apply yourself and devote about 30 seconds of thought to the situation.

You can do this. (y)
I already did this and posted it.

You and janitor have come up with "punitive damages".

I think if you applied yourself and devoted about 30 seconds of thought to the situation, you'd come up with a Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer dogfood bowl.

And a Candy Crowley glamour shot.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm so old I remember when all the erBB wanted was the left to do basic reporting. Those were the days.
Taibbi covered it well? Let's check the tape:
I never said he was 100% spot on and free of hyperbole. So if you are going to cherry pick a few phrases, how about you look at the entire article? Below is an example of what I am speaking of in terms of the cohort of the looney left that is controlling, or at least attempting to control the narrative:

"to a data scientist fired* from a research firm for — get this — retweeting an academic study suggesting nonviolent protests may be more politically effective than violent ones!"

"By my count, at least eight news organizations dealt with internal uprisings (it was likely more). Most involved groups of reporters and staffers demanding the firing or reprimand of colleagues who’d made politically “problematic” editorial or social media decisions."

"Yet Fang found himself denounced online as a racist, then hauled before H.R. His crime? During protests, he tweeted this interview with an African-American man named Maximum Fr, who described having two cousins murdered in the East Oakland neighborhood where he grew up. Saying his aunt is still not over those killings, Max asked:

I always question, why does a Black life matter only when a white man takes it?... Like, if a white man takes my life tonight, it’s going to be national news, but if a Black man takes my life, it might not even be spoken of… It’s stuff just like that that I just want in the mix.

Shortly after, a co-worker of Fang’s, Akela Lacy, wrote, “Tired of being made to deal continually with my co-worker @lhfang continuing to push black on black crime narratives after being repeatedly asked not to. This isn’t about me and him, it’s about institutional racism and using free speech to couch anti-blackness. I am so fucking tired.” She followed with, “Stop being racist Lee.”
So fookin hell, do you really trust those types of journalists and academics to cover what's going on fairly? Especially when it comes to the issue of really diving deeper and covering the whole story in regards to the mostly peaceful protestors?

Getting back to Sandman. . . .
Again, whatever Sandman has done in the aftermath that speaks poorly of his intentions and character is not the issue. The point is that CNN wanted to create a divisive orangemanbad muh privilege story because they didn't have anything to talk about, and that video was their opportunity to do so. Because abortion, Native Americans and MAGA hats.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I read that article. I don't understand how two people getting fired adds up to jack sh!t when people are dying because the cops/agency in question are dumbfuck retards who should be forcibly sterilized (Breonna Taylor) or just assholes who should be gassed (George Floyd). Matt Taibbi asserts that the police are the problem as fact and thinks the retard power isn't even worth addressing.

I am not trying to impugn the character of Sandmann.

I'm saying anyone who thinks he got anything close to $275M is a fucking retarded potato, full stop.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
If you're talking about Sandmann, apply yourself and devote about 30 seconds of thought to the situation.

You can do this. (y)
I couldn't. What were the damages? No one would recognize him without the hat.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I read that article. I don't understand how two people getting fired adds up to jack sh!t when people are dying because the cops/agency in question are dumbfuck retards who should be forcibly sterilized (Breonna Taylor) or just assholes who should be gassed (George Floyd). Matt Taibbi asserts that the police are the problem as fact and thinks the retard power isn't even worth addressing.
Of course those are bigger problems. My point is that there is a political and media climate that stifles any kind of conversation that goes deeper than "police bad, blm good". What I quoted from Taibi shows that there are examples of media and academic figures getting skewered for daring to ask tougher questions and suggest that mostly peaceful protestors should keep it mostly peaceful.

I am not trying to impugn the character of Sandmann.

I'm saying anyone who thinks he got anything close to $275M is a fucking retarded potato, full stop.
Agreed. I'd probably settle for a Mil.