Kyle Rittenhouse - The Truth in 11 Minutes

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
GWS will smirk for 500 grand worth of opoiods.
I think it's hilarious people think Sandmann actually got a real payday. He probably got $5 and a Wolf Blitzer glamour shot.
You should research that one a bit. :ROFLMAO: He has two settlements from the two deepest pockets in a package of lawsuits that totaled something like 800 million.

Reactions: $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
GWS will smirk for 500 grand worth of opoiods.

You should research that one a bit. :ROFLMAO: He has two settlements from the two deepest pockets in a package of lawsuits that totaled something like 800 million.
Yeah, I know that. Settlements. From people with a sunk cost legal department on staff, right?

I'm sure they'd totally settle for the $275 million because they aired a cell phone video of him smirking at an idiot with a drum and said big meany-poo things.

where do you think the money went?
What money?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand how you could possibly think this was anything close to a full payday. Unless CNN doesn't have a legal department, why in the hell would they settle for the full amount? That makes negative infinity sense; the worst case is it proceeds and they lose $275M. Why, oh why, with on-staff lawyers, do you think CNN can't outfight the Sandmann family and a GoFundMe or whatever on this one?

Wrongful death settlements are normally around a dozen-20 million. Breonna Taylor.

$275M for defamation or whatever?

Here is from an accident attorney's marketing materials. Do you think they'd be in the accident attorney business if mischaracterizing a cell phone video resulted in $275M paydays??!!111!!!!???420???

No two cases are alike, and we can’t promise any result. Nevertheless, we believe that the following settlements testify to our experience and skill in this field:

● $13.6 million jury verdict for wrongful death of a spouse
● $11.7 million award for a traffic wrongful death case
● $10.6 million settlement for a death caused by a defective product
● $10.8 million for a wrongful death caused by defective tires
● $4.5 million for a wrongful death caused by a car accident
● $4 million verdict for the wrongful death of a child

• Haha
Reactions: GWS_2

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Yeah, I know that. Settlements. From people with a sunk cost legal department on staff, right?

I'm sure they'd totally settle for the $275 million because they aired a cell phone video of him smirking at an idiot with a drum and said big meany-poo things.

What money?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand how you could possibly think this was anything close to a full payday. Unless CNN doesn't have a legal department, why in the hell would they settle for the full amount? That makes negative infinity sense; the worst case is it proceeds and they lose $275M. Why, oh why, with on-staff lawyers, do you think CNN can't outfight the Sandmann family and a GoFundMe or whatever on this one?

Wrongful death settlements are normally around a dozen-20 million. Breonna Taylor.

Here is from an accident attorney's marketing materials. Do you think they'd be in the accident attorney business if mischaracterizing a cell phone video resulted in $275M paydays??!!111!!!!???420???

Clearly Nicholas Sandman's character and image was worth more than 20x Breonna Taylor's life.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
What money?

I think you are dramatically undershooting the worst case scenario. Do the words "punitive damages" ring any bells?

I'm guessing the real amount emerges when they file their quarterly reports

Reactions: GWS_2

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think you are dramatically undershooting the worst case scenario. Do the words "punitive damages" ring any bells?

I'm guessing the real amount emerges when they file their quarterly reports
When you're trying to tell me a defamation settlement is going to be 24x a wrongful death one, and CNN already has a legal department so as a function of $275M they lose basically nothing by fighting to the death, no, simply stating the words "punitive damages" doesn't ring any bells when basically nothing happened. Nobody died. Nothing was stolen. Nobody was injured. I don't even know if they fckn snaked London. Complete and utter fucking Souther fight in Souther land.

CNN settled in January. ATT's second quarter report is two months old.

Don Lemon glamour shot.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
It’s simple math, if the plaintiff is suing for $250 million and gets $250 million it’s not a settlement. A settlement is for less. If CNN or WAPO was on the hook for anything even close to that they’d fight it tooth and nail.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It’s simple math, if the plaintiff is suing for $250 million and gets $250 million it’s not a settlement. A settlement is for less. If CNN or WAPO was on the hook for anything even close to that they’d fight it tooth and nail.
Bottle of whiskey and photos of Michael Jordan's smirks to further his apprenticeship in that arena?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Those huge awards are almost always reduced heavily on appeal, sometimes by an order of magnitude.

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
Naw, if he escapes the charges on self-defense which is likely, he'll be a right wing hero just like Sandmann and George Zimmerman who will be empowered by this event. He'll get a deal with the NRA and make appearances on Fox News, etc. The future is bright for young Rittenhouse.
He will able stand next to his other right wing heroes like Bob Kraft! Pardon the pun but what a true Patriot!

Reactions: mundus

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Sure sandman didn't kill anybody. But he got fame and fortune for being a dick in front of a camera
How was he being a dick? By now bowing down to someone who belongs to more disadvantaged groups and checking his own privilege?

The fact that Sandman irks you so much says a lot about you and your systematic bias.

Reactions: GromsDad