Kookslams - DONE

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Isn't Hard Seltzer out there for kooks to slam in the first place?

When I was growing up, hard seltzer was a 50/50 mix of 7-up and tequila in a shot glass slammed on a skateboard then down the hatch with 10 other 16 yr olds in a forest by the TV towers.

So yes, it was for kooks.

Conversation in Kook Slam "corporate office": Employee 1: "Wow. This Instagram page of people getting hurt in the ocean is going great." Employee 2: "To capitalize on this success, what we really need is to break into the hard seltzer market (while drinking a Zima)."
Once had a Zima with a rich girl in her home near the Sutro Tower.

Great view of SF.

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
How long before they have a sponsored surfer on the big wave tour? Our maybe the SUP Foil league.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
When my wife and I were in Australia I got quite fond of these.
They even had a 12% ABV that kicked my butt.
Wish we could get Bundy here in the states.

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 6.48.11 PM.png

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
kookslams mortgages could be interesting.
kookslams life insurance?
kookslams supplemental health insurance (instead of aflac that duck can yell 'kookslams')..
kookslams wheelshairs?
kookslams knee braces?

The options are endless. One thing about the seltzers is in the hands of the right crowd they increase the likelihood of a post worthy slam.

which reminds me...

kookslams hard seltzer beer bongs

• Love
Reactions: Boneroni

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
something liek that was in costa rica when i was there. cant remember the name for the life of me. think it had more alcohol though

Who here hasn't gotten trashed on Tahiti Drink?

tahiti-drink-the-original.jpg

Tahiti Drink, the Punch of our islands par excellence!
Tahiti Drink is the alliance of our delicious Pineapple Queen Tahitian juice accompanied by a touch of fruit of Passion Juice, a zest of Orange, the delicacy of the Vanilla and the finesse of our alcohol distilled at the factory of juice of Fruits de Moorea.
This Rotui alcoholic cocktail, original taste of Polynesian hospitality, is ideal to give a festive touch to all the occasions to meet up with friends.

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
something liek that was in costa rica when i was there. cant remember the name for the life of me. think it had more alcohol though
Cuba Libre, in a can, made with real rum. Always bought a case for the drive from San Jose to the Nicoya peninsula

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
So I finished my conflict book and I said to my sister who helped me write it, "Books don't make any money. We need an energy drink. We'll put Ritalin, Fentanyl, and pysillum husk in ours."
Psyllium husk to counteract the constipation caused by the Fentanyl. Smart.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
I mean, didn't Mick and Joel get rich af selling surf beer?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Seriously. They are selling their own branded HARD SELTZER!
Not sure what I'd do in their situation, but it seems pretty yucky to me.
What say you erBB?
http://instagr.am/p/CRhEWmgDVhE/ View attachment 113400
Yep, their DONE, if Boston Beer is any indication.

News Item (link)

Blurb:

Bottom line: The hard seltzer boom is over.

Shares of Boston Beer crashed 20% in pre-market trading on Friday as the maker of Truly hard seltzer and Sam Adams badly whiffed on its earnings expectations and slashed full-year guidance. The culprit: Execs overestimated the potential of the hard seltzer market, which continues to slow amid rising competition and people returning to bars coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic as Yahoo Finance has reported.

"We overestimated the growth of the hard seltzer category in the second quarter and the demand for Truly, which negatively impacted our volume and earnings for the quarter and our estimates for the remainder of the year," Boston Beer founder Jim Koch told analysts on a conference call. "We increased our production of Truly to meet our summer peak and have had lower than anticipated demand for certain Truly brand styles, which has resulted in higher than planned inventory levels at our breweries and increased supply chain costs and complexity."

Reactions: Boneroni

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Yep, their DONE, if Boston Beer is any indication.

News Item (link)

Blurb:

Bottom line: The hard seltzer boom is over.

Shares of Boston Beer crashed 20% in pre-market trading on Friday as the maker of Truly hard seltzer and Sam Adams badly whiffed on its earnings expectations and slashed full-year guidance. The culprit: Execs overestimated the potential of the hard seltzer market, which continues to slow amid rising competition and people returning to bars coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic as Yahoo Finance has reported.

"We overestimated the growth of the hard seltzer category in the second quarter and the demand for Truly, which negatively impacted our volume and earnings for the quarter and our estimates for the remainder of the year," Boston Beer founder Jim Koch told analysts on a conference call. "We increased our production of Truly to meet our summer peak and have had lower than anticipated demand for certain Truly brand styles, which has resulted in higher than planned inventory levels at our breweries and increased supply chain costs and complexity."
Closed at 701.00 today.
And to think I purchased 33 shares at IPO price in my 20s, and probably sold it well before it even got near $50, I wouldn't mind too much if I still had it today and it plummeted 25%. :p