Kookiest locals???

Aug 25, 2021
I came to surf with some friends, but one kid liked my board. I talked to him, showed him how to stand and rolled him a little. But everything was not enough for him, when I tried to persuade him to get off the board, he shouted at the whole beach. To the same place, his mother stood behind him and said something like "ohh what a cute little serfer" and made a photos for her Instagramm. It seems I stood with him for about an hour until my girlfriend called me and godness, I left there:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
i have had many older dudes tell me i should "wait my turn" while surfing in front of my house. they claim local staus and i have never seen them before. they can't surf for sh!t. especially the funboard kook who pearls every wave, while yelling "going right!!!" as loudly as possible. i need 20W, GWS, and Rickoray up here to scramble the pack. this winter should be a hoot.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Lunada Bay locals and this one particular local at Salt Creek, who is a product of poor parenting.
Lunada transplants at Hazards.:mad:

One of the only times I've been spoken to was by some little kid at Dume who told me, "This is a private beach. How did you get in here? You can't surf here!" I had to laugh...maybe dad or big brother told him to say that to anyone he doesn't recognize.

Last edited:

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Are sh!t Pipe Locals still a thing? I used to love to mess around on that wave in the early to mid 2000s just to fvck with the local sponger crew if nothing else. Had a few "run ins" but never anything beyond a cold stare and couple of words exchanged.

One day I pulled into the parking lot to check it. There was no surf, one to two feet and the pipe was swamped. A couple of tourists were coming back from the beach with liquor store boogie boards, no fins, I don't even think they had wetsuits. Seemingly out of nowhere this dude jumps out of his lifted truck, shirtless, covered in tattoos, screaming at these poor tourist kids about how he's a sh!t Pipe Local and they had no business paddling out at his beach. I don't think I've ever seen a more confused look on a person's face these young inlanders trying to figure out what a sh!t Pipe Local was and how they had incurred his wrath.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Are sh!t Pipe Locals still a thing? I used to love to mess around on that wave in the early to mid 2000s just to fvvk with the local sponger crew if nothing else. Had a few "run ins" but never anything beyond a cold stare and couple of words exchanged.

One day I pulled into the parking lot to check it. There was no surf, one to two feet and the pipe was swamped. A couple of tourists were coming back from the beach with liquor store boogie boards, no fins, I don't even think they had wetsuits. Seemingly out of nowhere this dude jumps out of his lifted truck, shirtless, covered in tattoos, screaming at these poor tourist kids about how he's a sh!t Pipe Local and they had no business paddling out at his beach. I don't think I've ever seen a more confused look on a person's face these young inlanders trying to figure out what a sh!t Pipe Local was and how they had incurred his wrath.
in my 20 years up here i think ive seen people surfing that spot one or two times total. the "local" can have it.

Reactions: ZZ Soft Top

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
i don't "wait my turn." i also don't (intentionally....well, i will but only under extenuating
circumstances) drop in. IMO the wave goes to the fittest and perhaps most
experienced/well equipped rider. "wait your turn"....only if i have to.
:jamon:
Sounds like kook talk.
Some people think it goes to the person who's house is closest to the wave. Some say the person who has surfed there for the longest time. Some people say the best surfer (until a pro shows up at "your" spot)...I've been guilty of it, used to paddle right to the top spot at a couple of places because no one would say anything to me and I felt like I could handle it if anyone did, water or beach. With time I've come to feel like all of that is bullshlt, and being an @sshole is being an @sshole. I don't like to feel like that, and I don't like when other people do it. :shrug:
The surfer who feels entitled to take from others and isn't bothered by doing so is no different from the Lanuda Boy losers, or the Hollister Ranch douches...a kook.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
i don't "wait my turn." i also don't (intentionally....well, i will but only under extenuating
circumstances) drop in. IMO the wave goes to the fittest and perhaps most
experienced/well equipped rider. "wait your turn"....only if i have to.
:jamon:
Try that at my local and you'll get burned over and over and over. Don't be a dick...

One guy recently tried to paddle a foot inside of me and say the wave was his. How about no.