Kookapinto Shapes

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
"the rider is really skilled " Yeh Corey makes a lot of boards look good. I'm gonna say its more the archer than arrow. Also wonder what the durability is like on a board that thin.

Reactions: tenover and Havoc

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
First couple waves didn't look good, like the boar was skittering around when surfed off the back foot. style cleaned up after that, but still not my cup of tea. Seems like a lot of boars would work in those conditions and be more pleasing to look at. YMMV
RK had a couple clips on one. Looked alright, but not his best. "7’2” x 22.5” x 1.8” twin keel thin twin by @kookapinto has a nice flex/spring in the turns"

Last edited:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
The Surfboard Collective has a few wacky ones in stock.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
I love watching he and his friends surfing them on his clips. Stylish and making waves that would absolutely not be fun on shortboards look super fun. Those guys are all skinny young guys though. I inquired about a 7’ish thin twin once and he said it was like 2.0” thick. If I did a floater and came down in the middle, that board would be done. Those clips make me want to surf Sano every day.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I love watching he and his friends surfing them on his clips. Stylish and making waves that would absolutely not be fun on shortboards look super fun. Those guys are all skinny young guys though. I inquired about a 7’ish thin twin once and he said it was like 2.0” thick. If I did a floater and came down in the middle, that board would be done. Those clips make me want to surf Sano every day.
agreed and I have no desire at all to surf san o

Reactions: MathDebater

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I think those boards require the rider to be completely on it. Stand in the sweet spot( nose or the tail) and take full advantage of the waves
sweet spots utilize the way the board addresses the wave at every opportunity.
R. Kenvin is among my favorites to watch, I'm so inspired by his surfing and/or at his age to ride the boards he can ride the way he does. Totally efficient. I love watching surfers of high caliber riding boards that are unforgiving oddball stuff.
Many of us rode crazy thin and hyper rockered boards in the 90's, but not 2". As an average kid here locally back then, myself and many others made those ridiculous boards work so I'm not at all surprised to see talented surfers riding these, I dare say there's a lot to learn watching these guys ride the stuff, but I'm not the guy. I would never have a good day but it'd be fun to get a little. Learn a little, but times ticking away. But, look at RK?

Last edited: