Knee Rash

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
"astrocrap". how dare you.

don't blame the sacred pad for the woes of your weak flesh.

a full leg 2mm solves this problem for me and has the added bonus of sparing everyone from having to view the bare expanse of my stupidly long legs.

alternatively you could just buck the f up.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
wore a spring suit today and astrocrap pad ate my knees up. what u duu’s du to stop this from happening? long boardshorts?
Traction that’s not from the 80’s! I do like Astrodeck but it’s probably the hardest around. I think the lower the nubs- like the trendy corduroy / flat pads- the easier it is on your sensitive skin.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
"astrocrap". how dare you.

don't blame the sacred pad for the woes of your weak flesh.

a full leg 2mm solves this problem for me and has the added bonus of sparing everyone from having to view the bare expanse of my stupidly long legs.

alternatively you could just buck the f up.
i dont like weird tan lines on my arms when i wear a tank top so no short arm full for me

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
love astrodeck but yea it is a meat shredder. Especially with my trendy new short shorts

gotta pull out those andy irons long shorts

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: jkb and Havoc

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
Is the pad fairly new? I find new pads are worse and get better over time - maybe they "wear in"? Also, it's much worse when you've been wearing a steamer for the previous few months as your legs aren't "tough enough". I've had quite a few astrodeck pads and never a rash problem... then again I don't do deadlifts.

A true YOLO master would organise to get their board/new pad at the start of the "steamer season" so it's nicely seasoned for the warmer months.

Background: Here in Australia's COVID capital, I'm in a 3/2 steamer about 6 months of the year. The rest of the time I'm either in boardies, boardies/vest or spring suit.

Reactions: Havoc

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
i've only had this problem on boards significantly shorter than myself, you can cut the trac pad a bit which might help