knee brace for surfing

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
Oh i did have my meniscus cut/trimmed and rehabed it. Is amazing how one injury can lead to another. Left leg is perfect. Right leg, ankle sprains as a child, as an adult acl, meniscus, plantar fascitis, acl again ‍♂...

anyway, i also stretch my quads regularly and i think it has been a huge help.
And no weights also. Just my body weight. I THINK i should start strengthening again and maybe try some weights this time...

I’m having an mri the day after tomorrow. Last one was in 2018. I’m actually skiing in denver right now , (knee is kinda feelin ok, but funny. Maybe is just a mental thing) i figure there must be some good docs here, cuz the ones back home suck. They just wanna get you in for surgery as fa$t as po$$ible...

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Anyone have good recs for ACL / MCL sprain (i sprained both in one knee: same time) MRI showed no rupture so the doc that the sprain was the answer. Took 3 months before I felt comfortable to surf again.

Now I feel that I've agitated the knee a bit (squatting to move a big green egg) -

May 24, 2020
I surf all the time with a knee brace. About a year ago, I got a minor knee injury, and it hurts periodically. Nothing serious, but sometimes it prevents me from living a full life. The knee brace provides excellent support to my knee during exercise. My knee will stop hurting, and I can enjoy surfing. By the way, I ordered my knee brace at https://dunbarmedical.com/product-category/orthopedic-bracing-support/knee-brace-support-splint/.
Thus, the knee brace does not get wet under the wetsuit and does not interfere. You can easily wear it while surfing. Good luck to you.

Last edited: