Kidney Stones?

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Anyone experience giving birth to kidney stones? Did you give names to your stones? What should one expect when the stones finally decide to pass? Don’t question why I’m asking…. Scared

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
No experience and don't want to find out. I'm going to google "how to avoid kidney stones" now. And I think I should get that shingles vax after readin what getting shingles is like...

Good luck.

ps googled it. First thing mentioned was to drin k lot's of water. I start the day with 32 ounces of H2O and half a lemon squeezed in...

Last edited:
Reactions: john4surf

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Oh kidney stones suck. Worst pain I've ever had in my life and not even close.

As said above, drink lots of water as you are trying to flush them out. The two I had were about 3 mm across - I can't imagine how people deal with larger. Started out at work with nausea literally to the point of puking and then pain like you're being ripped open from the inside, which you kind of are.

If you think you have them and have decent health insurance, don't screw around and just go to emergency room. Get a ride if you can and don't drive. They'll run some tests on you and just much faster for them to order them and diagnose than if at regular doctor. Granted this is just my experience. It's nice to know what you have lurking inside you and whether they are passable and #1 you want that painkiller prescription because it will be excruciating.

But yeah after that, it took 2-3 days to pass them and I pissed through a screen into a reservoir. Standing up just hurt but every p*ss I took, I told myself the stones were that much closer. And that last morning when I woke up, I KNEW. And sure enough, plunk plunk, right into the screen. I saved them for a while but I think eventually tossed them during a previous move. Nice keepsake but I really would have loved to keep was the fluid from a ganglion cyst I had on my wrist - that stuff is fascinating. It is slicker than Teflon. Probably could have sold it on the black market.

Anyways, the aftermath was the most blissful, happy feeling I can remember. The absence of horribleness.

I really hope you do not have stones but if you do, good luck and don't try to brave it out without medical help.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yes, by the time the stones got down low enough to get peed out, they were painless. But definitely a lot of residual body soreness for a few days after passing them.

They'll give you the option of having them examined for mineral type. I didn't bother - I knew exactly what caused them: excessive Korean BBQ with way too much salt, beer, and over-indulgence, while not drinking enough water. Oops.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Oh kidney stones suck. Worst pain I've ever had in my life and not even close.

As said above, drink lots of water as you are trying to flush them out. The two I had were about 3 mm across - I can't imagine how people deal with larger. Started out at work with nausea literally to the point of puking and then pain like you're being ripped open from the inside, which you kind of are.

If you think you have them and have decent health insurance, don't screw around and just go to emergency room. Get a ride if you can and don't drive. They'll run some tests on you and just much faster for them to order them and diagnose than if at regular doctor. Granted this is just my experience. It's nice to know what you have lurking inside you and whether they are passable and #1 you want that painkiller prescription because it will be excruciating.

But yeah after that, it took 2-3 days to pass them and I pissed through a screen into a reservoir. Standing up just hurt but every p*ss I took, I told myself the stones were that much closer. And that last morning when I woke up, I KNEW. And sure enough, plunk plunk, right into the screen. I saved them for a while but I think eventually tossed them during a previous move. Nice keepsake but I really would have loved to keep was the fluid from a ganglion cyst I had on my wrist - that stuff is fascinating. It is slicker than Teflon. Probably could have sold it on the black market.

Anyways, the aftermath was the most blissful, happy feeling I can remember. The absence of horribleness.

I really hope you do not have stones but if you do, good luck and don't try to brave it out without medical help.
You could have made the stones into a necklace. I saved all my daughter's baby teeth and offered to drill them and make a necklace but she was like, "Eeeew!"

• Haha

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
It's not a bad idea to have the stones analyzed for mineral content. It can help adjust your diet to avoid them and possible medication usage to keep the minerals for accumulating/crystallizing. There are shock wave treatments now, too. You get medicated then they do the pulsations to bust up the stones.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
After I passed the stone, I was talking to the urologist and he asked me if I felt bad before I passed the stone.

I said, "I thought that was just how you felt when you got old."

He laughed so hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: SurfDoc