Kelly talking about his health habits

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
He’s way more articulate than most people
he was on Dax Shepard s podcast recently and irregardless of agreeing with everything he says, he’s a very good communicator
he should post here more

Reactions: slipped_disc

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
So what you are saying is that his pathos and ethos are good but his logos is a wonkey?

I think he would look at you when he was talking you would get lost in his dreamy blue eyes.

Cow-bung-ah

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Would you really want to be Kelly?
im not saying I’d trade in my wife and kids and all that to be Kelly slater
but aside from that, and I’m not being a hero worshipper, maybe

its a real existential question that I don’t have time to fully think through right now, so I’ll leave it as a maybe

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
im not saying I’d trade in my wife and kids and all that to be Kelly slater
but aside from that, and I’m not being a hero worshipper, maybe

its a real existential question that I don’t have time to fully think through right now, so I’ll leave it as a maybe
IF you were Kelly you could go steal your wife and kids from you.

So you get the best of both worlds.

And you still get to bone KAmalina.

I have a feeling she really puts out for Kelly.

Aug 2, 2006
I went to J bay back in ‘92 and stayed in a camper/trailer at Mike Tabling’s(RIP) across from Supers. Kelly showed up for the pre WSL Billabong country feeling comp and ended up staying at Tabling’s because of the Cocoa Beach connection. I got to hang with him for about a week and it was mind blowing how naturally talented he was.
I don’t think he had surfed there before but I may be wrong. The surfed was flat and windy for the first 6 days. All he did was play video games and eat the shittiest junk food. No stretching or exercise aside from some pool at night. He just ate donuts, bbq potato chips and played Street Fighter.
On the 7th day, Supers turned on. It was solid way overhead ground swell with 25 knot offshores. Not nearly as easy to surf as it looks. Kelly took out one of his 6’ CI’s that was maybe 18” wide and 2” thick and put on a clinic. Most of the locals were probably riding boards with twice as much volume and Kelly was getting more barreled and getting more waves than anyone.
My point is he could smoke filterless Camels and eat fried chicken and likely surf better than anyone remotely close to his age.

• Haha
Reactions: SurfDoc

nimby

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 15, 2011
our society has the mistaken tendency to idololize sports figures and over weight their opinions as if they are as important as their sports ability. not
He sleeps like an angel.

Back when he was 17 I went over to his house for a sleepover.

Just me and him.

His parents were renting a little house in Cocoa Beach.

We stayed up til like 3AM slumber party talking...

I can remember watching him after he fell asleep, with his dark eyes and pillow curled up under his chin.

He was in fetal position, and I remember the rhythm of his breathing.
did Michael Jackson join the two of you?